Questions About January and February Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pride4jc727

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering about the interviews that I have been invited too. From the thirteen schools that I applied to, I got three interviews. I am glad to have had them, however, they were all invites for after January 1. More specifically, I had an interview on Jan. 7, Feb. 1, and Feb. 21. If these were my interview dates what are my chances for acceptance or are these just auditions for a waitlist placement? I am a NJ resident and two of these schools are UMDNJ schools, NJMS (Jan. 7) and RWJMS (Feb. 21). I actually do know that the Feb 1 interview at Creighton resulted in a waitlist notification. I called NJMS and even though they said they would have a decision 6-8 weeks after my interview, they said to expect a decision in 1-2 weeks. Even after that, RWJMS contacted me when I was selected for an interview to say that they had a backlog of applicants to invite and interview. When I went to the Admissions office after my interview for RWJ, I asked about the backlog and they said that they had a lot more people and interviews to do.

After listening to all of that, does anybody know how I should read these developments? I am not losing hope because I believe I can get in. Yes I can. Thanks again for all your input. NJ and Creighton applicants, feel free to weigh in as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Just relax. As hard as it can be to do that, you have a great shot at an acceptance, especially at your in-state schools. Several people on this board have had February interviews and got in 2-3 weeks later, so the interviews are not just for waitlists. Good luck!

I know it is hard... But it all will work out.. I had 3 interviews in Feb. 1 wait listed, 1 acceptance ( my last interview) and 1 I haven't heard anything from that school. Also I got and invite for my #1 school and I was complete in early sept. good luck