Questions about the application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ash5321

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am getting ready to submit my application and I had a couple questions.

PTCAS received all my transcripts mid July and my application still hasn't been verified yet. Is it normal to take this long? Will PTCAS inform me if I typed something in wrong in my courses?

Also, during my last year of high school and first two years of college I was dealing with a thyroid condition that went untreated and my grades weren't very good. My gpa was around a 3.0 during those years. I got my medical condition treated, and now my current gpa is around a 3.7. When that averages out is about a 3.3-3.4. I was just wondering if it is a good idea to write about this in the section of the application where it asks if your academic record accurately reflects your capabilities.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if i'm confused on your wording but you must submit your application in order for it to be verified. It's a good idea to go ahead and submit it if you have everything besides your references and verified hours. Those can arrive after the submission, but you must have everything else filled out (including essays). You will get an email once it gets verified and they will calculate your GPAs.

And I'm not sure about your second question but I would think that's a good place to explain it.

For PTCAS to verify your application, you need to E-submit it.

For your second question, yes. That's why the section is for, so that you get to explain any extra circumstances that explains low grades.