Questions about work experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mustang sally

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a couple of questions for the pharmacists out there who review residency applications. I did a summer internship and met my state's hour requirements, but I don't really have a lot of pharmacy work experience (have never worked during school). I worked full-time prior to pharmacy school, but in a non-pharmacy related job. I'm wondering how much my low number of intern hours will hurt my application? I think everything else on my application will be pretty strong; I've tried to do things to show I'm good at time management like taking the maximum number of credit hours each semester and being involved in a lot of extracurricular activities and research.
My second question comes from Midyear. One of the residents there said that when they review applications they are more interested in your rotations and what types of activities you did on rotations than your actual work experience. Do you guys agree with this statement?

Thanks for your opinions!

Members don't see this ad.