questions re: GME CV format

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supergirl

discriminate poster
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stupid questions re: the military GME CV format

For some reason, I'm making filling in the blanks for my CV entirely too complicated. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

1. Am I just supposed to type my info directly into the document and leave the colons (Name: Supergirl Grade/Crops/Service: LT, MC, USN) or should I delete the words before hand? (Supergirl LT, MC, USN--this looks good on the top part, but it when it comes to home address vs. duty address, and duty phone vs. pager number, it gets really confusing)

2. If I don't have something that goes under a particular heading (no spouse, no prior military experience), can I just delete those headings, or do I need to leave the area underneath it blank? (i.e., is everyone's CV supposed to look EXACTLY the same, with all the same headers, but some people just have more info than others?)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure how the Navy does it, but in general, yes--everyone's CV is supposed to look the same.

For military CV's, usually you leave the fields in and put in your info after. If it is to be left blank, indicate N/A.

This document will wind up in your credentialing folder (sometimes called "CBO" or "6-Sided" folder) and it is supposed to be uniform. It is also the way they want it for favorable actions--promotions, fellowships, schools etc.

Of course, my experience is Army.