questions regarding these programs...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

what stress?

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know about these f.p. programs?

1. Georgetown
2. Univ. N. Carolina
3. U.Va
4. Mayo (Rochester)
5. Brown/Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island

Thanks for your help..
:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I can tell you a little about UVA since I'm an MS4 there, but I also can't compare it to others. I think it's a great program. Everybody is extremely nice, which is to be expected. The majority of the faculty are young and enthusiastic. They're very focused on Evidence Based Medicine. The residents generally seem to respected and treated equally in the hospital. There were several rotations where I didn't realize for a couple weeks that one of the residents on the team was family med, not whatever the specialty because they were treated the same. OB was the exception, but they just seemed to be condescending to everyone. Charlottesville's a nice place to live.

I don't know what else you want to know, but I can try to answer specific questions.

gwyn779 said:
Well, I can tell you a little about UVA since I'm an MS4 there, but I also can't compare it to others. I think it's a great program. Everybody is extremely nice, which is to be expected. The majority of the faculty are young and enthusiastic. They're very focused on Evidence Based Medicine. The residents generally seem to respected and treated equally in the hospital. There were several rotations where I didn't realize for a couple weeks that one of the residents on the team was family med, not whatever the specialty because they were treated the same. OB was the exception, but they just seemed to be condescending to everyone. Charlottesville's a nice place to live.

I don't know what else you want to know, but I can try to answer specific questions.

Hey gwyn779,

thanks for the info... I've asked another UVa student rotating here and she said the same thing... can't wait until I get to visit U.VA

Members don't see this ad :)
Angry Mouse said:
Hey Gwyn, how is UVA FP in terms of procedures? Do FP residents get to cut during surgery and ongyn?
Honestly, I'm not quite sure. It's not something I've asked about in detail yet and I don't know from experience on the rotations. I did surgery somewhere else and L&D was only 2 weeks and there were very few deliveries during that time (my luck :rolleyes: ).