Questions to ask interviewers in interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happypremed11234

Reaction score
What are some questions that y'all like to ask interviewers during the interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

What are some questions that y'all like to ask interviewers during the interviews?
Depends on who your interviewer is.

From a faculty interviewer standpoint, most faculty members will not know the nitty gritty details of the curriculum (we're too far removed from medical school). Open ended questions that can help promote discussion include the following:
  • What brought you to DOGE College of Medicine? What's surprised you the most about the school? What's been the most frustrating aspect to deal with?
  • What's do you enjoy the most about [insert city school is located in - just make sure that you get the city right!]. What's something a stranger might not know about the city?
  • If it's an in-person interview: I would love to explore the city more, would you recommend any spots for me to visit?
  • If it's virtual: I would love to visit the city some time, do you have any recommendations for...
  • Can you talk about the university's relationship with the surrounding community? (Many academic medical centers have contentious relationships with any surrounding low-income communities, so asking a question like this can help show your awareness of this issue).
Just my thoughts.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Moko did an awesome job for faculty. For student interviewers I also tend to ask more personal questions, though you could potentially also ask about the curriculum or that kinda thing.

Some of my go to questions:

Ask about x part of curriculum track or opportunity I'm interested in.

What is 1 thing you like about DOGE college of medicine and what is something you'd change?

What is the housing situation like? Was it relatively easy to find housing, etc.?

Can also ask what they like to do for fun in DOGE city and what their experience has been like living there.

Ask about their specialty of interest and how they decided on it. Have the faculty been supportive of your endeavors? What has the culture at the school been like?

Ask about how they manage their time during med school. How they find time for research, service, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 1 users
Depends on who your interviewer is.

From a faculty interviewer standpoint, most faculty members will not know the nitty gritty details of the curriculum (we're too far removed from medical school). Open ended questions that can help promote discussion include the following:
  • What brought you to DOGE College of Medicine? What's surprised you the most about the school? What's been the most frustrating aspect to deal with?
  • What's do you enjoy the most about [insert city school is located in - just make sure that you get the city right!]. What's something a stranger might not know about the city?
  • If it's an in-person interview: I would love to explore the city more, would you recommend any spots for me to visit?
  • If it's virtual: I would love to visit the city some time, do you have any recommendations for...
  • Can you talk about the university's relationship with the surrounding community? (Many academic medical centers have contentious relationships with any surrounding low-income communities, so asking a question like this can help show your awareness of this issue).
Just my thoughts.
Thank you!!!

Reactions: 1 user