Quick BCPM Classification Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oak'n'oats

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to graduate this semester and I am trying to add some "fluff" classes to my schedule to improve my bcpm gpa. I'm already signed up for some heavy hitters like advanced genetics, cancer biology, etc. But I was thinking bout signing up for this class call Intro to Crop Science that's listed under the Plant Science Department. Heard it's pretty easy but I'm scared they might consider it horticulture or something. Do you guys think I can classify this as bcpm or would it be a waste to add to my schedule? (My cum is fine (~3.7), so I just really need a higher bcpm (~3.5)). The class description says there is a focus on physiology, morphology, anatomy, and history, and economic impact.

Members don't see this ad.

So what do you (or anyone) think then? Worth taking the risk by taking and hope the aamc overlords agree. Or just forget about it and look into something else? I would hate to take it and then have it reclassified as non BCPM since then I could have taken something more interesting than crops lol. Also has anyone appealed and been successful?

Members don't see this ad :)
I obviously can't tell for sure, but since the title is "Crop Science" I would think it's more likely than not that they reclassify. Maybe you can look into other options for science courses?