Quick BCPM Classification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharkbyte

Take me to the top
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking a gerontology course titled "Biodemography of Aging." It's almost entirely a life-sciences based course as it combines genetics, molecular biology, and cell biology. At my school it also counts for major credit in the Biological Sciences (BISC) department even though it's offered in the GERO department.

Do you think this would count as BCPM? My hunch is that it would but I'm thinking they might not count it since it is in the GERO department. If not, do I just go through a petition process? I"m not exactly sure how it works.

BTW, sorry for adding to the abundance of BCPM threads, I did some research on Google for gerontology but couldn't find a definitive answer. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

When you classify the course on AMCAS along with your other courses, you select BIO. The verifier will either approve or deny and change it to something like social science. If denied, petition with a copy of your syllabus indicating that the course goes over concepts in genetics, molec bio, and cell bio and hope for it to be overturned.