Quick highlighting question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ayocaptain628

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering
I just started taking the aamc practice tests and whenever I click on the verbal passage area section, it will ask me if I want to take "notes"

I was wondering if that feature exists on the real mcat. Also, if is it true that if you double click on a word on the real mcat, it will highlight that one word for you? I don't like dragging bc it seems to take longer. I can't test this out bc on the practice tests, that "take notes" window shows up when I try to test if it will highlight with a double click.

for those who find this on google:

the notes section is not on the real mcat and will not be an annoyance on the real thing.
you can double click on a word and it will highlight just that one word so you dont have to drag to highlight.

Pls n ty for help

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was wondering
I just started taking the aamc practice tests and whenever I click on the verbal passage area section, it will ask me if I want to take "notes"

I was wondering if that feature exists on the real mcat. Also, if is it true that if you double click on a word on the real mcat, it will highlight that one word for you? I don't like dragging bc it seems to take longer. I can't test this out bc on the practice tests, that "take notes" window shows up when I try to test if it will highlight with a double click.

Pls n ty for help

The note taking function as well as search function are disabled on the actual MCAT. Not sure about clicking and highlighting but I expect so

I don't remember the click and highlight thing because I'm used to dragging and highlighting anyway. Did you read the tutorial at the beginning of the practice AAMCs? It tells you what the differences are between the practice AAMCs and the real mcat you will take in terms of highlighting and all that.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't remember the click and highlight thing because I'm used to dragging and highlighting anyway. Did you read the tutorial at the beginning of the practice AAMCs? It tells you what the differences are between the practice AAMCs and the real mcat you will take in terms of highlighting and all that.

thank you for your advice. i checked the tutorial and have confirmed that you can double click on a word and it will automatically highlight just that single word. thank you athlete1003!