Quick question on letter of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docemmettbrown

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am real good friends with a state representative and he offered to write me a letter of recommendation because he know all of my volunteer work. Would this be frowned upon?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

I would say get it! I sent 5-6 letters of recommendation to every school I applied to. 3 were the required science/faculty letters and the rest were recommendations from supervisors at work or physicians I know personally.
One of the work ones was from someone who knew me very well and I believed would write a strong LOR. During both of my open file interviews that letter was brought up multiple times in a very positive way. Anyone who can write you a letter that is professional and personal is a definite plus. It is exponentially better than the generic "person-x was in my Orgo class and got an A, they would make a good physician" letter.

Reactions: 1 user
I am real good friends with a state representative and he offered to write me a letter of recommendation because he know all of my volunteer work. Would this be frowned upon?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a strong LOR. I definitely think you should get it.