Quick questions about Karolinska and Orthopedics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kuba Gerchenko

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I know there are a few threads about this already, but since they're old I had a few questions. First, does Karolinska mostly focus on research, because when I was looking on their website it seemed that it was more of a research than surgeon oriented university. Second, do they offer orthopedics. Their website again is a little confusing because some parts show orthopedics while others don't. Finally, what other european universities would be good for orthopedics.

Members don't see this ad.

Karolinska Institute focuses on research and education, whereas the intimately connected Karolinska University Hospital perform surgery and orthopedic procedures. It's not an either or situation, it has both and is good at both.

Karolinska Institute focuses on research and education, whereas the intimately connected Karolinska University Hospital perform surgery and orthopedic procedures. It's not an either or situation, it has both and is good at both.
So if you go there you are able to get an MD right?

I sure as hell hope so, or I'm five years deep into nowhere ;)