Quinnipiac MHS in Medical Laboratory Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedOwl78

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I have just been accepted to Quinnipiac's MHS in Medical Laboratory Sciences/Biomedical Sciences.

Though advertised as a springboard to pursue PhDs and Medical Schools, does anyone have any experiences with this program (specifically in the case of matriculating to medical school)? Has anyone even heard of it before?? Has anyone else applied to this/been accepted?

I've been having some serious reservations about this program just because of the lack of information available about it, and am wondering whether it's worth the price tag (and if it will really help me enrich my education/qualifications, and ultimately, my applications to med school). Any and all feedback would be very much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey MedOwl78,

I have not heard anything about this school thus far, but I would like to thank you for bringing it to my attention. It seems like a solid program however, it doesn't seem to say anything about any potential linkage with their medical school. This may be a con for this program as with spending all the money that you would need to for the program, they don't seem to even give you the chance of proving yourself throughout this masters program.

Please let me know if you come across any other information regarding this program.

Thanks!

Please don't do this if you want to get into medical school. MLS is for people who want to become lab technicians. Not clinical at all. There are probably many other programs that are cheaper and will get you to where you want to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please don't do this if you want to get into medical school. MLS is for people who want to become lab technicians. Not clinical at all. There are probably many other programs that are cheaper and will get you to where you want to go.

Why not? That's what Clinicallabguy did and he's in medical school now.

It won't help you become a better medical student or a better doctor. It won't prove you can hack the first two years of medical school. Just because someone did a program and got into medical school doesn't mean that program is the best choice.

Reactions: 1 user