QUOTES SHOW AS "EXAMPLE"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djsahand

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, can someone help me out here.
in my essay, i have a quote which is the main point.
it shows up as "Heres the line&quot
instead of "Heres the line"
i tried typing just that quote in Notepad and pasting it onto the website, but it still doesn't work...
can anyone help?
thanx a lot

Members don't see this ad.

djsahand said:
hey guys, can someone help me out here.
in my essay, i have a quote which is the main point.
it shows up as "Heres the line&quot
instead of "Heres the line"
i tried typing just that quote in Notepad and pasting it onto the website, but it still doesn't work...
can anyone help?
thanx a lot
It's an HTML text-parsing thing. Basically, when you're designing a web page you use a lot of quotes in the code. In order to keep the web browser from getting confused, some people use the HTML code " which tells the browser "hey, this is just a text quotation mark, ignore it when you're reading the web page code." If your essay is something the application people will read in a web browser window, the " *probably* will turn back into quotation marks (notice SDN is configured not to process HTML in posts, since we're seeing the " instead of just quotes); if they just read it as raw text, they won't. You could avoid the problem altogether by just marking it by asterisks or something instead of quotes.