RA program- worth it or Not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imbackasd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So recently I just applied and got accepted (not competitive really I guess based on whose interested and actually sent an email to the hospital regarding the position) into this RA program and was wondering if it would be worth my time? It isnt actual research I believe but the duties include:

• Screening the Emergency Department for patients for a particular study
  • Conducting surveys
  • Calibrating medical devices
  • Transporting medical materials
  • Basic laboratory work
  • Literature searches

I have already done research in my university in biofuel as an RA. But this seems more hospital oriented.

Anyone have prior experience with this kind of RA position at an hospital?

I need 100 hours to get a recommendation.

Members don't see this ad.

So recently I just applied and got accepted (not competitive really I guess based on whose interested and actually sent an email to the hospital regarding the position) into this RA program and was wondering if it would be worth my time? It isnt actual research I believe but the duties include:

• Screening the Emergency Department for patients for a particular study
  • Conducting surveys
  • Calibrating medical devices
  • Transporting medical materials
  • Basic laboratory work
  • Literature searches

I have already done research in my university in biofuel as an RA. But this seems more hospital oriented.

Anyone have prior experience with this kind of RA position at an hospital?

I need 100 hours to get a recommendation.

If it interests you it is always worth it. On a lighter note, this is still a very good looking EC. I would keep it.