rad vs ortho?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
inep is getting dominated in this thread

Members don't see this ad.

Question to the guy that says that IR can do consulting. What kind of consulting? I think radiologists have a hard time finding regular work but curious what consulting a few select do. Just read auntminnie or sdn subspecialty forum. Those salary surveys have nothing to do with your employment postgrad.

I am very pessimistic about rad as a career. But just out of curiosity if telerads still exists in 10 years I know they are supposed to reside in USA. But do they actually track your IP or you could be living in low col Thailand with a maid while doing your night shift work?

Question to the guy that says that IR can do consulting. What kind of consulting? I think radiologists have a hard time finding regular work but curious what consulting a few select do. Just read auntminnie or sdn subspecialty forum. Those salary surveys have nothing to do with your employment postgrad.

I am very pessimistic about rad as a career. But just out of curiosity if telerads still exists in 10 years I know they are supposed to reside in USA. But do they actually track your IP or you could be living in low col Thailand with a maid while doing your night shift work?

What makes you pessimistic about radiology as a career? They aren't going away any time soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
What makes you pessimistic about radiology as a career? They aren't going away any time soon.

Don't you read some of those threads where they discuss how there are fewer job openings than grads? Obviously spending on imaging is not going away. Just doesn't mean you'll be one of those select few that gets it. I bet its nice to do telerads for a small company where you are a partner but gooduck getting into that

What's with the obsession with telerads? Those are generally the least desired jobs

How "low" were orthopedists' incomes 20 years ago when entry into their field was not competitive? I'm assuming that it still must have been higher than general surgery's (which was much more competitive then) salary, because it's more specialized surgery?

How "low" were orthopedists' incomes 20 years ago when entry into their field was not competitive? I'm assuming that it still must have been higher than general surgery's (which was much more competitive then) salary, because it's more specialized surgery?

They weren't that "low."