Radiating Hope 5k run

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

napoleondynamite

Keepin' it real yo
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.radiatinghope.org/get-involved/5k/

A shout out to anyone in Utah - there will be a 5k run for Radiating Hope on 10/15. We are trying to raise $$ to transport a linac from New Jersey to Senegal. We need about 10k to make that happen and need to raise another 30k for installation and increased shielding for the vault.

Please spread the word if you know anyone in Utah.

In the near future, 3 residents a year will be able to apply for funds for an international elective in Senegal - I will post more on that when it is finalized. But please help support this cause if you are able. Thanks!

We will also be having an additional fundraiser in Philadelphia in either November or December, I will post when that is finalized as well for anyone in Philly.

Members don't see this ad.

Love the work you do, Napoleon et al.! I'll def spread the word -- in fact, a former resident from our program is @ St. George, UT. I'll send the info his way, and maybe he can mobilize others.

Who donated the LINAC? Which med. equipment transport company are you utilizing?

This race will be a lot of fun. It is one of the few fundraising events helping an international relief effort specifically for radiation oncology. Finally, something in our field for international relief! Help us spread the word! Even if people can't come, they can still sign up or donate a prayer flag in someone's honor.

Attachments

• Radiating Hope 5k 6.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 32