Radiation Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazers

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Between these two which do you recommend for board review:

Mcdermott Physics or Caggiano Notes

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend staying away from sharp objects while studying :cool:

I really enjoyed McDermott. It was readable, relevant, and had some interesting anecdotal stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
I read McDermott first. I agree with Wagy27 that it is great for concepts. By the time I got around to Caggiano I felt relatively well prepared, so I only skimmed it. The questions in Caggiano seemed overly detail-oriented from what I remember. I also used a set of old RAPHEX exams. The MCQ format was useful for preparing.

I used caggiano. The questions are a waste of time and discouraging. Do the raphex exams- the format an questions changed in 2009 to better reflect the exam. Stick to those and use older ones to reinforce concepts.

For radio, read hall.

You will pass. It's stressful studying, but if you study, you pass.

I used caggiano. The questions are a waste of time and discouraging. Do the raphex exams- the format an questions changed in 2009 to better reflect the exam. Stick to those and use older ones to reinforce concepts.

agree

For radio, read hall.

agree - I also used the ASTRO Radbio Study Guide - the new one should come out in the next month or so. The prior 2 years (2011, 2012) have questions that will not be repeated in 2013. CLICK HERE for the 2010-2012 study guides.

You will pass. It's stressful studying, but if you study, you pass.

and agree - this is a certification exam, not a first semester organic chemistry midterm. The goal is to verify that you have a certain fundamental level of radbio and rad physics knowledge... not to weed you out of med school (you made it past that part).

Quick question: on the radbio and physics exams, is there a list of constants (i.e. Planck's constant, etc) that they provide for us?

agree

agree - I also used the ASTRO Radbio Study Guide - the new one should come out in the next month or so. The prior 2 years (2011, 2012) have questions that will not be repeated in 2013. CLICK HERE for the 2010-2012 study guides.

and agree - this is a certification exam, not a first semester organic chemistry midterm. The goal is to verify that you have a certain fundamental level of radbio and rad physics knowledge... not to weed you out of med school (you made it past that part).

Considering 20% failed last year, I think it's pretty close to midterm exams :p