RadioBiol lectures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maforce

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our program doesn't really have anyone teaching radiobiology. What are some of resources you would recommend? I am looking for something similar to Osler's equivalent for radiobiology lectures (audio/visual/powerpoint presentations). Some have recommended Univ of Maryland series. Any thoughts? Appreciate your input.

Members don't see this ad.

Our program doesn't really have anyone teaching radiobiology. What are some of resources you would recommend? I am looking for something similar to Osler's equivalent for radiobiology lectures (audio/visual/powerpoint presentations). Some have recommended Univ of Maryland series. Any thoughts? Appreciate your input.

Read through Hall, use your ASTRO radbio study guides and attend the Maryland course a few times. You should be golden

Dr. William McBride from UCLA has a series of recorded lectures that we are working to post onto the ARRO site. He is happy to have them distributed free of charge. If you want a dropbox link, private message me. -RS

Members don't see this ad :)
OK - I guess I didn't think that one through completely. To keep from getting bombarded with PM's, here is the dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bpiffar5adbbl6k/PBCM7DVeZc. Enjoy! There are audio files that go with each lecture. Feel free to pass these on to other residents. If you find them useful, please e-mail Dr. McBride at [email protected] and let him know.

Also, since I assume many of you are starting to prep for boards, here is a link to my study schedule from last year. I was overzealous with the practice exams, but I stuck to the reading schedule pretty closely. I initially thought I'd read Khan and McDermott, but that was too much. I decided to choose one textbook for physics (McDermott and Orton - very readable, they do a great job of explaining concepts in basic terms) and one for radbio (Hall - is there even another one?). I left the Khan schedule in there though. The Maryland course was a useful overview and reminder of key topics.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AoyWU5IQlIlTdFFCLWdBZE05LXF5V3M5TWoxVW1vSHc&output=html

In the end, these are certification exams, not undergrad weeder course exams. If you make sure you have a firm grasp on all the basic concepts, you should be fine.

Good luck studying!