Radiology elective during intern year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seldon1985

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting a radiology elective during my intern year. There's a lot of open time to explore any area of rads during these couple of weeks, and I was wondering what you guys would recommend to focus on. What aspects of radiology would be most useful as a resident? Thanks!

Seldon

Members don't see this ad.

I'm starting a radiology elective during my intern year. There's a lot of open time to explore any area of rads during these couple of weeks, and I was wondering what you guys would recommend to focus on. What aspects of radiology would be most useful as a resident? Thanks!

Seldon

I was in your shoes in July, and I think my time was best spent getting experience with all types of cross-sectional imaging. I focused on CT, MRI, and PET, with some mammography for a couple of days. It was helpful to use the presentations at www.radiologyeducation.com (especially the ones from the University of Virginia) to supplement my days. Hope this helps!

Thanks! Really nice website...Are there any sources you (or anyone) has found that specifically addresses oncologic imaging? I know there's that really nice (and expensive) Amirsys book on this topic, but I'd love to find some online resources as well... Thanks!