USMLE/COMLEX RAFFLE ITEM: The "Clinical Science" Years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheMastermind

Host, Med School Podcast
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
RAFFLE ITEM: I am giving one "Clinical Years" account away for free - for an entire year!

What is the Medical Mastermind Community and how can it help?

A "Mastermind" group is defined as two or more people, working in perfect harmony toward a definite objective. Therefore, the Medical Mastermind Community is a group of people (students in college and medical school, doctors, test prep companies, and government entities) interested in the success of medical students.

That's who we are, and here's what we can do for you:

1. Provide mastermind support groups on teleconference
  2. Give you USMLE Step 2-3 MP3s
  3. Teach you the NRMP Match/Scramble Course
  4. Increase your confidence for interviews
  5. Train you in the Anatomy of Malignant Residency Programs

This is where the rubber meets the road and you discover who you really are.

Perhaps in medical school you got a glimpse of your limitations, whether in the amount of material you could retain or in the number of hours you could study.

The unwritten curriculum in most medical school states that if you aren't studying nearly all the time, then you are doing your patients a disservice by not learning information that could save their lives.

It is during the Clinical Science Years where you become face-to-face with the never-ending struggle between self-care and patient-care. This could be experienced as minimally as complaining of calf fatigue during a prolonged surgery, or may escalate into a more pervasive dissatisfaction.

Physician Career Satisfaction Surveys annually report how nearly 1/3 of all U.S. doctors would choose another career entirely if they could do it all over again.

Let's face it, we all get fatigued from time-to-time. That's part of the gig. What is unfortunately not talked about enough is where to draw the line for yourself and recognize burnout, an altogether different entity.

Added to the sress of patient care responsibilities are regular final exams, the remaining USMLE/COMLEX exams and decisions about your specialty choice and where you'll want to do your residency.

It's quite shocking to watch your upper-classmen become fatigued and lose their sense of humor. You wonder how you'll handle it.

Most medical students are unaware that every year over 3,300 residents do not complete their training. The governing bodies of residency programs do not get involved in disputes between residents and their residencies so, when human nature rears its ugly head, thousands of dissatisfied and mistreated residents wind up unemployed every year.

This does not have to happen to you!

By surrounding yourself with people who already possess the qualities you want, you will slowly acquire a different way of thinking, studying, and organizing your plans to accomplish the goals you want in your own life.
Perhaps a parent or mentor has told you to "choose your friends wisely."

Well, if you want to become a physician, you can't find better friends than this! But don't take our word for it, read our Medical Mastermind Community testimonials to see for yourself the difference we are making in people's lives – it's much more than a test score!

When you join the Medical Mastermind Community, you will gain immediate online access to our entire curriculum. It can seem overwhelming, so we enroll you in a monthly email series to gently walk you through the steps and help keep you on track.

The very first thing you need to do is listen to Napoleon Hill's Science of Personal Achievement audio course, which is included with your membership. If you get nothing else out of your training with us, your life will be immensely blessed by the teachings and philosophy of the world's first success teacher, commissioned by Andrew Carnegie himself!

The second thing you need to do is join us on a New Member Webinar. Whether you call in or login to view the slideshows, this teleconference will give you specific direction for your particular situation so that you can start getting results in your own life and join the long list of people that tell their friends all about us!

The third thing you need to do is visit the "My Blog" forum and start a New Thread titled by your first and last name. This is a members-only forum and you can not view others' forum posts there until you pay for an active membership. This private, personal blog is for you to post your action plan and document your progress. Some choose to get feedback on their personal essays there, as other members of the Community love to help each other out.

If you're ready to grow professionally and personally by accepting our offer for help, then sign up now!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is the format for the notes? Is there a separate section for Step 2? About how many pages are there per section? How current are the notes? Thanks!

What is the format for the notes? Is there a separate section for Step 2? About how many pages are there per section? How current are the notes? Thanks!

Here's a video that will show you the searchable PDF format with table of contents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzbFqbnTTO8

No, these notes are for the Basic Science Years, the first two years of medical school. So this covers the USMLE Step 1 only.

There are a total of 1,275 pages and cover the most high yield material needed for medical school exams best - because that's what they were created for. They just happen to be a great review for the USMLE Step 1 also.

That said, the notes have timeless material and I update it every year.

Best,

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. Since I posted in the "Clnical Science Years" thread I thought it was a review of the 3rd and 4th years of med school, and Step 2. Do you have that sort of review? Thanks.

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. Since I posted in the "Clnical Science Years" thread I thought it was a review of the 3rd and 4th years of med school, and Step 2. Do you have that sort of review? Thanks.

Sorry for the confusion. No, I don't have Step 2 notes.

Does this include podcasts or lectures regarding the various required 3rd/4th year rotations (i.e. peds, im, etc)?

Are there any reviews about this program? I'd like to see what others say about it. Thanks!

Does this include podcasts or lectures regarding the various required 3rd/4th year rotations (i.e. peds, im, etc)?

This includes the Gold Standard USMLE Step 2 & 3 which covers every topic you'll need from the day you take Step 1 until you're a second year resident - the entire Clinical Years (hence the name).

Since this product covers so much, here's how you can choose topics to use for each rotation:

Are there any reviews about this program? I'd like to see what others say about it. Thanks!

The following are REAL emails and videos I have received:

Feb. 2011 "Before I joined Mastermind I was truly lost. I had a purpose/dream that I had always harbored but some how lack a way to achieving it. Your site has help me to become unglued from my situation, changing from just thinking into doing and changing from frustration to focused will. Its still a long road in front of me with many obstacles and a lot of nay sayers. But with what you have created and share I no longer feel alone nor do I feel afraid." Bryant

Dec. 2010 "I've been a fan of yours for years and have successfully moved from the middle of no-where in Mississippi after high school to getting interviews at great schools. I owe a lot of my success to you, your podcasts and website. Thank you. As you've mentioned, getting interviews are tough. However, performance during the interview can be equally difficult. This timeline allows students to anticipate and correctly identify these shortcomings, and I know from following you these past 2-3 years, you give the students everything they need to survive this "game". Thank you for taking time out of your life to helping those that are sincere and committed to giving care." Jake, Middle-of-Nowhere, Mississippi

Nov. 2010 "I never thought that gaining knowledge about medical school would be this easy. It has always seemed so cryptic to me, like being an astronaut, or in the CIA. I feel lucky to have the luxury to download podcasts and listen to them while I drive, while I run, while I take a lunch break, literally anywhere! The real accomplishment of this podcast is giving me confidence. It makes me feel like I am not wasting my time, it is not too late to pursue this, and this dream can be a reality! I hope this serves everyone just as much as it is serving me!" U.S. Soldier

Sep. 2010 "I just wanted to congratulate you on the success of your course materials and in getting your message out. I started listening to your podcast two years ago when I started considering trying to transition into the career as a physician. I've watched your websites and podcasts grow. Recently when AMSA began starting a medical mastermind community to support medical students, I thought it had the overall intentions of the groups you were working on. Come to find out, it appears that you are one of the driving forces behind it! Congratulations. Best regards," Brian H. from Boston Massachusetts

Aug. 2010 "First I would like to thank you for spending the time to help those who have decided to pursue the medical career. I for one would have never thought I could even stand a chance at attempting to become a physician, but after listening to your pod-cast I have a new faith in becoming one." Eugene Javorsky from Kochi, Japan

Jun. 2010 "Big ups to you! I appreciate you taking to the time to assess my needs for my premed journey over the phone. In particular, I liked how stayed focused during the conversation and helped me come up with a plan of action for success. I've been taking heed and feel more confident. Thank you : )" Bill Christian from Orlando, Florida

May 2010 "I have enjoyed listing to your videos, and reading you emails they are every inspirational and I commend you for your service to others by helping us. Thank you for your time." Randy Freeman from Tulsa, Oklahoma

Apr. 2010 "I am a non-trad premed preparing for the MCAT, and i have been a member of Medical Mastery for about a month. I received my first disc about 3 weeks ago and the entire module is by far one of the best resources on the market! The Free Mind format is easy to use, and makes the information not only easily accessible, but the meat of the material is unlike anything else online or sold on the market.

This is BY FAR one of the most significant bodies of information available for pre-med and medical students and I am so appreciative for all you are doing for us. Thank you for using some of what little free time you have to make the next generation of doctors prepared academically, emotionally, economically, and spiritually for the fantastic journey we have ahead." Toni Ognibene from Fresno, California

Mar. 2010 "Thank you very much. I would just like to tell you that I am so glad I ran across your podcast while searching for premed-related items on iTunes! You are extremely helpful and encouraging, and I feel much less scared of the whole application process as a result
icon_smile.gif
" Sukriti Dabral from Boston University '09

Feb. 2010 "Your podcasts have been a tremendous amount of help! Keep up the good work! Thank you." Brittin Southard, a senior in High School

Jan. 2010 "Hi, Dr. Williams! I just wanted to say hello and THANK YOU! for everything that you do for us pre-med students. You are inspiring and such a positive beacon on an often daunting and unlit path. You seem to squeeze 48 hours out of a 24 hour day with everything that you do! You are truly a blessing to me. I am really excited about the new community." Heather de Anda from Austin, Texas

Dec 2009 "I think this service is an absolute Awesome idea. You are showing us a side of the medical field that many institutions do not delve into. I am looking forward to future lectures!!! And just my personal advice to Dr. Daniel. Don't ever change your personality and attitude. They're great up-lifters for those of us who are looking for role models." Adil from Stafford, Texas

Nov. 2009 "After asking for correct and supportive guidance from various people and sources, I thought Daniel was the best and he is really supportive. I can't wait for this entire process of coursework to start. After finding a person who has been through a lot of struggles, I am really proud to get help from him and i think its great and would highly recommend this to any premed student. thanks Daniel for everything. I feel a lot more confident about my dream and appreciate all your support. Thanks once again." Sweta Patel from Cleveland, Texas

Oct. 2009 "The lecture series are great because we often don't know the real thing about med school. All we know about is TV shows, movies, friends, etc. So the lectures provide us with a real-life experience and gives us moral support. And we really need this most of the time." Stephanie from Lima, Peru

Sep. 2009 "So far, the lectures seem helpful. The insider information is usually helpful. I am very interested in hearing more about more productive ways to study, medical school interviews, and balancing family and medical school." Katerina from Tomsk, Russia

Aug. 2009 " I really liked the lecture a lot. After hearing your story, I am a little more confident about myself and my chances of getting into a med school." Shafi from India

Jul. 2009 "I think the lecture series are informative and dispel any misconceptions that some premed students have, like me for example. I appreciate the opportunity to know about the background info for getting into med school." Bulaguru , from Dallas, Texas

Jun. 2009 "The information given in today's lecture helped tremendously. It helped to reassure me that persistence can help me to achieve my goals of a career in medicine. Sometimes discouraged by peers and counselors, but the info from the (your) session helped to give back the spark of wanting to pursue this career (especially from someone who has gone through the process)." Jessica from Greenville, Texas

May 2009 "I am an undergraduate in my junior year and believe this course will inform me of the next steps I need to make to advance toward a medical career." Patricia from Houston, Texas

Apr. 2009 "The presentation was really well organized and I appreciated all the effort that was put towards helping out premed students and preventing them from changing their minds." Saliva from Karachi, Pakistan

Mar. 2009 "I was so happy to find your information on iTunes. I have been trying to decide where I was going with my career for a few years, since I left active duty with the Army. I always wanted to do something big, and find a way to make a change. I just kept finding myself taking the easy way out, and taking short vocational classes that ended up at a dead end. I was interested in becoming a physician but I thought you had to be rich, or come from a better background to make it. Your podcast really gave me the confidence and motivation I needed. Thank you for putting this together and keep up the good work. You are making more of a difference than you could ever imagine." Ron from Cedar Hill, Texas