Random QUestion about Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TotalDomination

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still have a few left to submit. Is it too late to submit them? I basically have the essays almost done and can finish them up in a week. Everyone seems to be past the secondary phase and fully into the interview phase. I applied very broadly. I keep getting told it's a waste of my time to even try but I don't feel that way. But then I think...what do I know? Thoughts from past applicants and current medical students?

EDIT: I work 2 full time jobs, so it's taking me longer than expected. my energy levels are pretty low.

Thanks,

TD

Members don't see this ad.

If financially feasible, I would still give it a try and submit them anyways. Being complete in October is not ideal, but your essays are almost done and I would might as well submit them if money is not much an issue.

If financially feasible, I would still give it a try and submit them anyways. Being complete in October is not ideal, but your essays are almost done and I would might as well submit them if money is not much an issue.

Yes, it's financially feasible. With AMCAS still verifying apps submitted in mid-aug, how much of a setback is it to finish secondaries now? I'm not the "last of the last," right?

Ugh I'm so confused.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, it's financially feasible. With AMCAS still verifying apps submitted in mid-aug, how much of a setback is it to finish secondaries now? I'm not the "last of the last," right?

Ugh I'm so confused.

Just finish them then. You can't go back in time and finish them sooner, and worrying about where you are at in their pool isn't going to help you.

Just finish them then. You can't go back in time and finish them sooner, and worrying about where you are at in their pool isn't going to help you.

I'm not worried about where I am in the pool, per se. I'm worried my app won't be looked at and will be automatically dismissed.

I'm not worried about where I am in the pool, per se. I'm worried my app won't be looked at and will be automatically dismissed.

It will not be automatically dismissed, so no worries. People do get interviews in Jan ~ April and still get in.

Go for it. The worst that can happen is you don't get in....but what if you do?