Rank Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaisyCat

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd go to where you want to live and the call/schedule isn't killer. That would be my priority #1 and #2. (provided the program isn't total crap, which it doesn't sound like any of yours are). If it were me, I'd probably do Maryland.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely agree w/ above. Huge difference living in the DC/Balt corridor then living in Worchester, a much bigger difference than the difference between the programs. Midwest is also a somewhat different beast than the East coast, although frankly they MW and E coast have more in common than the south or western areas in my experience.

Absolutely nothing wrong with choosing a program where the schedule fits you better. I am not terribly familiar w/ CC's psych program but if the workload is more than you are looking for, it's better to be honest with yourself on what you can handle than pursue a higher "name brand". Twin cities are amazing but COLD, does not surprise me people leave there to go elsewhere. I don't know that it is a condemnation of the program, it has historically been quite good. My friend went to med school there and moved to So Cal as rapidly as possible for his residency 🔥 .

Reactions: 1 users
Seems like a diverse few programs. I am from the Baltimore area. The Maryland program is very strong and I don’t think you can pick much better from a clinical training perspective. You will live very well in the Baltimore area - it’s quite cheap compared to other urban areas. You can buy a house if you want with a physician loan. Baltimore gets a ton of bad press but is actually a really solid place to live and has some very strong institutions (including medical/psychiatric ones). Happy to answer specific questions if you have them.