Rank List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

obgyn_2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
With interview season ending, I was hoping to get some opinions on my programs and how to order my rank list. I don't have any geographical preference and am leaning towards gyn onc for fellowship.

In no particular order:

Brigham/MGH, Northwestern, UPMC, UNC, WashU, Hopkins, Michigan, University of Alabama Birmingham, Colorado, Yale, University of Rochester, Ohio State University, Emory, University of Miami

Appreciate any feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it will be helpful to ask for rank list advice on a list serve. You need to go through each program, figure out the pros and cons for each program that apply to you, and then make up the list. I would also go over the list with a mentor, department chair if you have a relationship with him/her. This is where you will be for the next four years and it is a very hard and stressful decision to make. You should make it with people that know you and what your future interests are. Just because they are gyn onc now, that may change once you start residency. You have to go where you will be the happiest.

You have great choices, and would be set to go into fellowship or generalist practice from pretty much any of those programs. Rank them according to how you felt about the programs on interview day, and don't worry about... pretty much anything else. Good luck!