RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In the airport leaving Dublin and my boyfriend. Definite downer :(

Aww, hugs! I know how hard it is. But, just think about the next time you'll see him! That helps me tremendously.

Members don't see this ad.

So frustrated with my current employer. The grant I'm getting paid from ends at the end of the month so the study is being put on hiatus. My employer asked if I could stay until mid-April to finish this round of participants, sort of under the table for 2 weeks; I agreed. Now the participants keep changing their session dates so my employer wants me to stay until almost the end of April...while only getting paid for the first 2 weeks. Umm no thank you.

I have a full time job at the animal hospital lined up for mid-April plus exams to write. My employer's response? "You'll just have to work both jobs and work your exams and the animal job around the participant's schedule" :wtf:

I had planned on leaving mid-April but my family thinks I should leave when my contract officially ends. I'm just ticked because I've given them more than 2 years of good work and now I'm expected to work for free past my contract end date? No way.

I fell asleep in the sun and feel terrible now... Blegh.. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
My giant ear pimple was NOT a giant ear pimple.
I dropped by the piercer. He popped it and drained it. Whatever it is, it is draining through one of my piercings. Urgh. It looked like heck yesterday. Now it is a lot better. He recommended that I see a doctor ASAP though. Urgh.

:(

Best case scenerio, nickel allergy (I knew I shouldn't have worn those cheap studs so close to my almost healed piercing!). Worst case scenerio: staph infection (but since there was not any pus, the piercer did not think this was the case). Either way, I think I have to go to the doctor tomorrow.

Last night, a (probably drunk) driver ran a red light and crashed into a moving city bus which then hit my parked car. :mad: My faithful Buick, which bounced back from 2 previous crashes, is now well and truly totalled. It got hit with enough force to cause a pileup with the seven cars in front of it. No idea how I'm going to deal--the car was 9 years old and has pretty much no blue book value left.

It is the nicest week EVER and my horse's stupid foot is still stupid broken and I can't ride. Whine whine whine. And I work 6 days this coming week, whine whine.
:rolleyes:

Shouldn't have gone to Dublin to see my boyfriend. It's so much harder without him now that I've seen him. I was doing well before :( Now I'm so sad!

Shouldn't have gone to Dublin to see my boyfriend. It's so much harder without him now that I've seen him. I was doing well before :( Now I'm so sad!

I know how you feel. I'm sorry.

My bf is going back to Mexico. He has to try to get a new visa. We have no idea if he can get one though because it's getting extremely hard for Mexicans to get one now. He's thinking about leaving in April. That's so close! :( He's also thinking about doing it in the beginning of May, which is when I have finals. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get through finals weeks with him leaving in the middle of it and not knowing when I'm gonna see him again. I feel like crying right now just thinking about it. :(

Is he studying abroad?

Yeah, he's been gone since the beginning of January and I had been doing surprisingly really well without him. One of those things where I was rudely reminded how much I enjoy his company and now things are super lame without him. Plus Dublin is way cooler than home so...
Petpony, so sorry to hear about your man :( Especially since you guys are engaged/pre-engaged right? I remember that ring! My situation is lame in comparison to yours. At least I'm 99.5% sure mine is coming back. I can't imagine being in your situation, I don't know what I'd do.

Yeah, he's been gone since the beginning of January and I had been doing surprisingly really well without him. One of those things where I was rudely reminded how much I enjoy his company and now things are super lame without him. Plus Dublin is way cooler than home so...
Petpony, so sorry to hear about your man :( Especially since you guys are engaged/pre-engaged right? I remember that ring! My situation is lame in comparison to yours. At least I'm 99.5% sure mine is coming back. I can't imagine being in your situation, I don't know what I'd do.

Yea. And we talked about me going there and marrying him as a last resort. We didn't plan it to be very soon, but if we need to for him to come back.. It's just so close.. ):

Members don't see this ad :)
So I found the perfect roommate to live with, and now we are having a hard time finding a place that we both agree on :(. I would rather rent a house with a back yard because of my dogs (and because they tend to be cheaper), and she wants somewhere with a pool.:cool: I couldn't give two craps about a pool. I am starting to think we may just be limiting each other from finding the places we each want. I think it might be time to break up with my future roommate :( lol.

So I found the perfect roommate to live with, and now we are having a hard time finding a place that we both agree on :(. I would rather rent a house with a back yard because of my dogs (and because they tend to be cheaper), and she wants somewhere with a pool.:cool: I couldn't give two craps about a pool. I am starting to think we may just be limiting each other from finding the places we each want. I think it might be time to break up with my future roommate :( lol.

Maybe the school gym has a suitable pool she'll be able to use?

fu

and repro too.
like literally

gawd that class is the worst. i honestly don't care what color mucus comes out of what female farm animal's vagina on what day before what hormone does somethin wonky before somethin else happens. or what shape every animal's cervix is and how that relates to penis shape and location and volume of ejaculation

all i know is that the only time this info will ever come in handy other than perhaps boards is the next time i'm single drinking away my sorrows (diet coke) in a bar with random creepers.

ya'll realize you're gonna have 0 time once school starts, right? ;) heck, i have the beach in my backyard and i barely ever make it outside :oops:

Yeah, that's my point. I could care less about a pool lol. She is actually a PhD student there, but still.

Do you really need the pool to lay outside and tan? Can't you just lay outside?

Well my other thing is... it's the University of Florida. I'm pretty sure at any moment in time, you could walk into any apartment complex's pool lol. Or you at least know 27 people that have one. I just don't want to deal with an apartment and the fees they charge for animals and yadda yadda. Being slightly older, I also don't want to deal with the partying while I'm trying to study. Anyway... future roommate breakup ensues.... :scared:

Well my other thing is... it's the University of Florida. I'm pretty sure at any moment in time, you could walk into any apartment complex's pool lol. Or you at least know 27 people that have one. I just don't want to deal with an apartment and the fees they charge for animals and yadda yadda. Being slightly older, I also don't want to deal with the partying while I'm trying to study. Anyway... future roommate breakup ensues.... :scared:

Could you maybe rent a house that has a pool, I don't know if that is a possibility or not. Just seems awkward to want a place with a pool just so you can lay outside and tan. Isn't the pool meant for swimming?

Maybe a townhouse complex? Best of both worlds...

Could you maybe rent a house that has a pool, I don't know if that is a possibility or not. Just seems awkward to want a place with a pool just so you can lay outside and tan. Isn't the pool meant for swimming?

Yeah but then they cost a fortune (insurance on a house with a pool is expensive and it gets passed down to tenants :mad:).

Maybe a townhouse complex? Best of both worlds...

I think I just found the perfect housing situation, which unfortunately won't accommodate this girl. I am just gonna tell her we are looking for two different things and "it's not her, it's me" ;). Ultimately, it's not a huge deal if we don't live together. We both need to be happy and apparently this is how it's gonna happen :D.
Thanks guys.

When I lived in Texas as a kid, we were within walking distance of the community pool.

Win/Win?

Last night, a (probably drunk) driver ran a red light and crashed into a moving city bus which then hit my parked car. :mad: My faithful Buick, which bounced back from 2 previous crashes, is now well and truly totalled. It got hit with enough force to cause a pileup with the seven cars in front of it. No idea how I'm going to deal--the car was 9 years old and has pretty much no blue book value left.

:eek: I saw this yesterday when I was in Philly with my cousin!!! I'm so sorry to hear your car was involved. :(

So I'm finally adopting my own dog and I'm really excited about it, and I've found the dog I want and I could FINALLY see her today (she was finishing with her vaccinations) so I go to visit her at the shelter and she's the sweetest thing ever. 8 months old lab and maybe pit mix? all black with white little toes and a white stripe down her belly. absolute sweetheart, I'm completely attached already. I go to the desk after our visit to say YES! I want her! only to find out, I wasn't supposed to be allowed to see her :( (miscommunication at the front desk) her littermate that she was separated from 5 days ago has parvo :scared: so now she's under quarantine for 10 days. She could still get it. And I'm so sad :( She's so sweet and lovable and gentle and I'm just so sad that she now might have parvo :(:( this wait is going to be awful.

and now I have to go decontaminate myself so as not infect our two dogs at home (live with my sister). :(

like literally

gawd that class is the worst. i honestly don't care what color mucus comes out of what female farm animal's vagina on what day before what hormone does somethin wonky before somethin else happens. or what shape every animal's cervix is and how that relates to penis shape and location and volume of ejaculation

All I know is that a pig's is about the volume of a small latte:laugh:

So I'm finally adopting my own dog and I'm really excited about it, and I've found the dog I want and I could FINALLY see her today (she was finishing with her vaccinations) so I go to visit her at the shelter and she's the sweetest thing ever. 8 months old lab and maybe pit mix? all black with white little toes and a white stripe down her belly. absolute sweetheart, I'm completely attached already. I go to the desk after our visit to say YES! I want her! only to find out, I wasn't supposed to be allowed to see her :( (miscommunication at the front desk) her littermate that she was separated from 5 days ago has parvo :scared: so now she's under quarantine for 10 days. She could still get it. And I'm so sad :( She's so sweet and lovable and gentle and I'm just so sad that she now might have parvo :(:( this wait is going to be awful.

and now I have to go decontaminate myself so as not infect our two dogs at home (live with my sister). :(

Aww bummer. I hope she is alright. I am happy for you that you are ready to adopt a dog though!

I've been feeling sick all day.. blegh. Usually I get sick over break, but after? Ugh..

I applied to the new emergency critical care team. This is the foal and colic team that they had before, just combined now. They've had so much trouble finding people to do overnights during the week and I said I could do two during the week and still didn't get in. I was on the other one and have a lot of the experience they asked for. Sad sad. ):

I'm really annoyed that my foot which I hurt just over a week ago at the gym still hurts. I didn't think it was anything too serious because it's not horribly bruised and had very little swelling, like almost non existent. But the thing still hurts and I'm still limping. I've been wearing a brace on it when I know I'm going to be on it a lot during the day and it seems to help a little bit but it will still ache later that day and the next morning. I'm worried that maybe there is a hairline fracture, which they wouldn't be able to do anything for it anyway. It's just frustrating because all I want to do is go for a nice run or walk outside and I can't.

And I still can't make a decision about whether or not I want to go to Glasgow and so far my back up job plans are failing horribly.

Short version of incredibly long rant that has been going on for nearly a year: Hopitals + insurance companies + collection agency = :boom:

I don't owe that damn hospital ANYTHING, they SENT ME HOME WITH APPENDICITIS and expect me to pay the $100 copay that I should NOT be charged becaue I should have been admitted THAT NIGHT and NOT called back the next morning because "they had a radiologist re-review it". They are lucky I even paid the hospitalization copay. They can take their $100 and shove it up their ass!

:bullcrap:

Aww bummer. I hope she is alright. I am happy for you that you are ready to adopt a dog though!

Thanks firefly! I'm totally going to be that person that calls every day to check on her, sigh I just hope she doesn't get it :( yay for finally committing to getting a dog though!!

Short version of incredibly long rant that has been going on for nearly a year: Hopitals + insurance companies + collection agency = :boom:

I don't owe that damn hospital ANYTHING, they SENT ME HOME WITH APPENDICITIS and expect me to pay the $100 copay that I should NOT be charged becaue I should have been admitted THAT NIGHT and NOT called back the next morning because "they had a radiologist re-review it". They are lucky I even paid the hospitalization copay. They can take their $100 and shove it up their ass!

:bullcrap:

I feel your pain!!!! :mad: I've been dealing with the SAME THING since October 2010!!! They applied my payment to the wrong department 2 years ago and sent me to collections. I'm sorry... why is your mistake my fault? My credit score just dropped 100 points last month. Just in time to sign an apartment lease and take out 40K! :mad: I've been fighting it for over a year now and I'm just exhausted! :sleep: Sorry to hear you are dealing with the same. Luckily I made a break through last week, and the collections agency agreed to remove it from my credit report. Unfortunately, I still have to dispute it with all three credit bureaus separately or it will take months for it to come off. :mad: Don't let them push you around!

DVMDream: they sent you home with appendicitis?!?!? And STILL expect you to pay?!?! Ummm medical error anyone?! That's complete bullcrap!!!

I feel your pain!!!! :mad: I've been dealing with the SAME THING since October 2010!!! They applied my payment to the wrong department 2 years ago and sent me to collections. I'm sorry... why is your mistake my fault? My credit score just dropped 100 points last month. Just in time to sign an apartment lease and take out 40K! :mad: I've been fighting it for over a year now and I'm just exhausted! :sleep: Sorry to hear you are dealing with the same. Luckily I made a break through last week, and the collections agency agreed to remove it from my credit report. Unfortunately, I still have to dispute it with all three credit bureaus separately or it will take months for it to come off. :mad: Don't let them push you around!

I'm not. I am sure everytime I call the person on the other line cringes because there is probably some huge pop-up that reads: "Difficult Bitch". :laugh: They deserve it. Sucks that it is affecting your credit, so far nothing has been reported on my credit but if it does that pop up is going to read. "Severely difficult bitch, don't speak to, get manager instantly."

DVMDream: they sent you home with appendicitis?!?!? And STILL expect you to pay?!?! Ummm medical error anyone?! That's complete bullcrap!!!

Yes. That is correct. According to them it was, "hard to diagnose" because it was a form of chronic appendicitis. I had it for 3 and 1/2 months before they actually diagnosed it. At the point they finally discovered it I had lost over 30 pounds, had not eaten anything in over a week, could barely concentrate, was having continuous dull, achy abdominal pain all day, every day with break though sharp stabbing pains about 3-4 times/day that would last for about 30-40 minutes. I started going to the doctor back in March of last year and finally had surgery at the end of July. That was my second trip to the ER and the ER physician I saw that night told me that it was, "in my head" and "you aren't currently in enough pain for it to be anything serious". I had been at work and nearly blacked out from pain by the time I got to the ER the sharp pain had subsided so the doc thought I was making it up, told me the CT was clear and sent me home. They called me back three hours later stating that they have a radiologist review all cases early the following morning, I guess they filter out CTs, xrays, etc overseas to be viewed during the "graveyard shift". The radiologist that rereviewed my CT suspected appendicitis and they asked me to come BACK in. Now they want me to pay my copay from the first ER visit where the doctor treated me like **** even after they had to call me back in. I have basically told them, "Eff YOU!!"

The whole thing has been a huge PIA.

Got attacked by a vervet monkey today. :scared::scared::scared:

It is normally a sweet monkey, but it started getting on edge when the clinic cat hissed at it. But then my *****ic coworkers decided to dremel the clinic bird's nails... and the sound of the dremel combined with the bird's screaming made the monkey lose it. So since he couldn't bite the people making the noise (he was on a leash), he went after me....

He jump at my face, getting scratching and biting my right cheek. Then he jumped on my back, grabbed my left shoulder and bite the ever-loving fire out of me. Luckily, because he is a 5lb monkey and I always wear 2 layers to work, I have more swelling/bruising than puncture wounds.

It hurts like crazy, and I really hope I don't contract anything!

Oh, and I have a vet school interview on Wednesday and a Hill's Pet Nutrition interview on Thursday... hope my facial swelling goes down before then. :xf:

It is normally a sweet monkey, but it started getting on edge when the clinic cat hissed at it. But then my *****ic coworkers decided to dremel the clinic bird's nails... and the sound of the dremel combined with the bird's screaming made the monkey lose it. So since he couldn't bite the people making the noise (he was on a leash), he went after me....

He jump at my face, getting scratching and biting my right cheek. Then he jumped on my back, grabbed my left shoulder and bite the ever-loving fire out of me. Luckily, because he is a 5lb monkey and I always wear 2 layers to work, I have more swelling/bruising than puncture wounds.

Oh, and I have a vet school interview on Wednesday and a Hill's Pet Nutrition interview on Thursday... hope my facial swelling goes down before then. :xf:

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry to hear that!!! At least it's an interesting story you can tell :thumbup: Glad to hear you weren't really punctured. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks firefly! I'm totally going to be that person that calls every day to check on her, sigh I just hope she doesn't get it :( yay for finally committing to getting a dog though!!
I adopted a shelter dog with parvo. She was the only one of her litter to break with it even though they were all housed together. Good luck, I hope she doesn't get it!

I hope you went to the doctor! Primate bites are serious. Not familiar with vervets, is it a new or old world primate?

I adopted a shelter dog with parvo. She was the only one of her litter to break with it even though they were all housed together. Good luck, I hope she doesn't get it!

They let you take her home with it? I almost asked if they would just let me take her, but I just didn't know how risky it could be with my sisters two dogs at home or if that was something shelters normally did? They are both vaccinated for it, but if anything happened to them I would feel horrible :(

Does anyone know if there is an appropriate way to go about this?! I'm petrified they will just euth' her if she gets it :( And I feel with appropriate care it's definitely treatable! I think I'm going to be giving my vet a call tomorrow!!

Edit: I have zero experience or knowledge about shelters and their medicine/policy/treatment plans so I hope I don't offend anyone by this post!

Last edited:
Ugh. If the rest of the week is like this... I have no idea what I'll do. I normally try not to whine but seriously. I'm beyond frustrated at the moment.

- 8am mandatory class was not worth being in the building at 8am.
- The "supreme nachos" I got from the GDC for lunch were totally not worth it. Apparently supreme = mostly lettuce, some cheese, and other stuff :confused:
- One of my group-mates in my elective makes me want to :bang:. Can't do things they should be able to do and does NOT pull their weight in the group. At all.
- Because of said group member I didn't get home until almost 7:30 :mad:
- Said group member is the biggest reason I am frustrated out of my mind right now.
- Ordered a nice jacket from AAEP with an embroidered veterinary caduceus and Iowa State/Veterinary Medicine embroidered on it. Picked it up today, decided to wear it home, and noticed that the zipper had split. Hopefully it stops doing that.
- My poor dog had to go around 12h without being let out because of my group member.
- My internet decided it wasn't going to work when I got home to post here and catch up on the Vet School WW game.

If my pizza is late, I'm giving up for the night. Even though I need to study toxicology.

They let you take her home with it? I almost asked if they would just let me take her, but I just didn't know how risky it could be with my sisters two dogs at home or if that was something shelters normally did? They are both vaccinated for it, but if anything happened to them I would feel horrible :(

Does anyone know if there is an appropriate way to go about this?! I'm petrified they will just euth' her if she gets it :( And I feel with appropriate care it's definitely treatable! I think I'm going to be giving my vet a call tomorrow!!

Edit: I have zero experience or knowledge about shelters and their medicine/policy/treatment plans so I hope I don't offend anyone by this post!
She wasn't diagnosed until we took her home. They told us that she had one episode of diarrhea. I knew the risks but also knew that she would be euthanized if she had it. We already had one dog but she was already vaccinated and older so the chances of her getting it were low. Sophie (the shelter dog) only came down with mild signs so she was only hospitalized for a couple days. It cost some money but it was worth it to us. I should add that we adopted her from animal welfare not the local humane society. Different shelters are going to have different policies so it is best to ask the people you are adopting her from.