Rapid review high yield and images

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medicman13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can people tell me how useful reading the high yield facts in Goljan's Rapid review is for step one? What about the images?

Members don't see this ad.

I usually don't reply to posts asking for advice from people who have actually sat for the exam (since I haven't), but I would absolutely make a pass of the images in RR. Its probably one of the better sources for numerous crystal clear images from all organ systems, excluding a texts like Big Robbins, Rubins, or websites such as WebPath. I can't speak to the margin notes. There are so many of those that it may take quite a while, so if you're down to the wire I would stick with the images.

My $0.02

Images are Gold... I always carry the bias of personally have had him as a Professor but he comments about the extra length he goes through to obtain images for his book and materials.

And just as it was, I've seen some of the images he uses pop up in UWorld and NBME mock exams... literally the same image.

I've been going through just the images on RR, and they've been great. Some of them I can recognize from pathoma (always helps to see multiple views of the same thing), and some of them not (even better, I learn new pictures!). I would definitely recommend it.

Images are Gold... I always carry the bias of personally have had him as a Professor but he comments about the extra length he goes through to obtain images for his book and materials.

And just as it was, I've seen some of the images he uses pop up in UWorld and NBME mock exams... literally the same image.

When you listen to his audio he always refers to a common slide set that all pathologists have and apparently the NBME pulls pictures from on their exams. Do you know what he's actually referring to? He will frequently say this *exact* picture was on a past exam.