Rate my MCAT Study Schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PA_dud3

PA-S1
Moderator Emeritus
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, here is a brief rundown of a typical week for my MCAT Study schedule. I loosely based it off of the 100 day study schedule. I am a bit pressed budget-wise so I am having to make do with what I have, which means no TBR books and focusing more on the Kaplan content.
Resources I am using:
- Kaplan 7 Book Set 2020-2021
- UWorld Qbank 90 Days
- Official AAMC Online Prep Bundle
- Khan Academy Videos (I don't anticipate using these much) and 300 page doc P/S

So a typical week would go something like this:

Monday: Study Chapter 1 and 2 in Kaplan Biology Book, Do Practice Kaplan End of Chapter Problems. Review Difficult concepts with Khan Academy
Tuesday: Study Chapter 1 in Kaplan Biochemistry, Do Practice Kaplan End of Chapter Problems. Review Difficult Concepts with Khan Academy. Do 59 UWorld Problems.
Wednesday: Study Chapter 1 and 2 in Kaplan General Chemistry Book w/ problems. Khan Academy for Review if needed.
Thursday: Chapter 1 in Kaplan Organic Chemistry Book w/ problems. Khan Academy for Review if needed. 59 UWorld Problems.
Friday: Chapter 1 and 2 in Kaplan Physics Book w/ Problems. Khan Academy for Review if Needed.
Saturday: Chapter 1 in Kaplan Behavioral Sciences Book. 20 pages of 300 pg doc. PRACTICE TEST after week 3.
Sunday: Kaplan CARS w/ problems. 59 UWorld Problems

Is this too much or too little? I want to prepare myself without burning out. About midway through my studying I should be starting classes, but I think I can handle both. I aim to study for about 100 days and to test on Saturday March 13. Please feel free to suggest any additions or changes you would make. Thank you so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

which year of undergraduate are you in ? do you have to maintain a job too ? do you have to finish some of the extracurriculars needed ?

when are you planning to apply to medical school ?

Reactions: 1 user
Don't read the Kaplan behavioral sciences book; it's a waste of time, the 300pg doc is plenty by itself. Doing 59 Uworld problems in one day/1 sitting might be a bit much - depends on your intellectual stamina - but it is definitely a smart idea to stack Uworld on top of content review. Use Anki alongside content review (make flashcards for terms you don't know, review regularly).

At the end of the day the most important thing is to allow yourself some flexibility with your schedule. Don't be afraid to adjust week-by-week. Eg - I started with a content review schedule like this, then got super bored of just reading Kaplan and making notes, so I abandoned that strategy and switched to almost only doing Uworld and then reviewing the content chapters based on what I was getting wrong.

Reactions: 1 users
which year of undergraduate are you in ? do you have to maintain a job too ? do you have to finish some of the extracurriculars needed ?

when are you planning to apply to medical school ?
Currently in Semester 1 of Senior Year and plan to take about 24 credit hours spread across Spring and Summer 2021 semesters. Planning to start the Application process for mostly DO schools around Early August if possible. I need about 100 more non-clinical volunteering hours I believe, and I am currently working as an Administrative Assistant at a Nephrology practice, but the doctor is okay with me studying at work during downtime.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't read the Kaplan behavioral sciences book; it's a waste of time, the 300pg doc is plenty by itself. Doing 59 Uworld problems in one day/1 sitting might be a bit much - depends on your intellectual stamina - but it is definitely a smart idea to stack Uworld on top of content review. Use Anki alongside content review (make flashcards for terms you don't know, review regularly).

At the end of the day the most important thing is to allow yourself some flexibility with your schedule. Don't be afraid to adjust week-by-week. Eg - I started with a content review schedule like this, then got super bored of just reading Kaplan and making notes, so I abandoned that strategy and switched to almost only doing Uworld and then reviewing the content chapters based on what I was getting wrong.
Noted on the Kaplan P/S book, I will probably only use it if something on the 300 page doc is confusing. Thank you for that. As for my schedule, I will hopefully be able to move things around as needed. Do you know of any good Anki decks for the MCAT? I've never really used or made flashcards so I'm not sure how to proceed in that regard

Noted on the Kaplan P/S book, I will probably only use it if something on the 300 page doc is confusing. Thank you for that. As for my schedule, I will hopefully be able to move things around as needed. Do you know of any good Anki decks for the MCAT? I've never really used or made flashcards so I'm not sure how to proceed in that regard
If you look up "miledown Anki", that's one that I thought was comprehensive and concise. I used that one initially when studying and then toward the tail end of my studying I made my own custom deck with things I kept getting wrong; I found that it was more helpful to make my own cards for stuff tbh.

Reactions: 1 user