Rating of attributes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zenfirq

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am confised, please help. This may sound stupid but when sending LOR and all recommenders are submitting electronically, does OptomCas send the rating of attributes form to them? If I understand correctly, when submitting by mail I print and send request form along with rating of attributes. What about when submitting electronically? Seems as if my recommenders when telling me they submitted sounds like only the letter.

Members don't see this ad.

It's my understanding that they should get an email where they can complete the rating of attributes and paste their letter of recommendation.

You could ask them specifically if they were able to access the "rating of attributes" section. It wouldn't hurt to check before you submit your OptomCAS because you can't correct it once you submit. Also, once they submit your complete LOR electronically, OptomCAS should state that it is complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
It does say they are complete. So far, I have asked one of the recommenders and they stated I just uploaded my letter in pdf form. When I checked it does say complete. i even called OptomCas and they said if it says complete then they filled it all out. Just confusing that the recommender said he just uploaded a letter.

Oh ok. I found that some recommenders aren't computer literate so they don't really understand what they've done. If OptomCAS says that it is only complete if they completed both sections then you should be alright :)

Thank you forrlying. All solved. He finally responded that he did fill it out just didn't know what I was referring to with 'rating of attributes' he didn't read the title. Yes, totally agree with the computer literacy issue.

Lol! Awesome! Good luck with applying.