RCSI housing for 4 year GEP students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NL92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any four year GEP (current or future) students out there with any pointers for finding accommodations?

I understand we are in Sandyford for the first year, but we will occasionally need to commute to the main campus?

I contacted the office who deals with housing and they have sent me some links to locations that I can rent.

Obviously I don't know the lay of the land or what transit is like, so I'm curious to see what other opinions exist out there.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I've looked into it. Its a matter of personal preference - city vs. outside city. Sandyford is 20min bus ride outside of the main city. If you don't mind living outside of the city (I'm guessing its like a suburb), then Sandyford is a good place to live. The housing is cheaper, and you'll get a much nicer place for the same price than if you were to rent in the city.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any four year GEP (current or future) students out there with any pointers for finding accommodations?

I understand we are in Sandyford for the first year, but we will occasionally need to commute to the main campus?

I contacted the office who deals with housing and they have sent me some links to locations that I can rent.

Obviously I don't know the lay of the land or what transit is like, so I'm curious to see what other opinions exist out there.

I talked with them during my interview, and they said most still live by the 'main' campus. I think what I will end up doing is simply taking the Green line from St. Stephen's Green to Sandyford with a student pass.

I talked with them during my interview, and they said most still live by the 'main' campus. I think what I will end up doing is simply taking the Green line from St. Stephen's Green to Sandyford with a student pass.
For those of us not familiar, where is St. Stephen's Green, and what is the Green line?

This is likely what I'll be doing also, the difficulty is finding something worth staying at; Jbs student residence seems like a decent location but reviews seem hit or miss and the rooms themselves seem a little outdated.

Would it be reasonable to live in the same place all 4 years?

For those of us not familiar, where is St. Stephen's Green, and what is the Green line?
Saint Stephens green is the park next to RCSI main campus, and the green line is the subway/tram line that goes directly from Saint Stephens Green all the way to the other campus in Stillorgan.