Re-applicant interviewing at same school as last cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cc_pt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I interviewed at a specific school last cycle and was waitlisted. I have an interview with that same school again coming soon, is there anything specific they may ask me as a re-applicant? I already know how the interview day goes but now I am starting to psyche myself out and getting pretty nervous. Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I interviewed at a specific school last cycle and was waitlisted. I have an interview with that same school again coming soon, is there anything specific they may ask me as a re-applicant? I already know how the interview day goes but now I am starting to psyche myself out and getting pretty nervous. Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

I was just in the same position this past week! The only specific question they did ask me as a reapplicant was what have a done in the past year to improve. The rest of the questions were typical interview questions; most of them were different than the ones I was asked the year before and only 1 was the same!

That's definitely helpful to know, thank you for the reply! Hope we both get good news :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a reapplicant for one of the schools. Be prepared to get asked what you've been doing since the last time you applied and how did you grow from such experience(s).

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

How did it go? I am in similar shoes!! Interviewed for a DPT program last year and got wait listed****Was never taken off the wait list. And this year I interviewed with them again. FINGERS CROSSED for both of us!

Hi! I feel it went well and was very conversational and comfortable. They asked a few standard questions (why PT, what would I contribute to the program), another question about a difficult situation I have dealt with in the workplace, and also the experiences I have had since last cycle which we ended up talking about quite a lot. Hoping to hear good news from them soon :) Good luck to you!!