Re-applying, need feedback/advice on essay, interview etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beebalm38

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that current re-applicants' AMCAS/secondaries are compared to their previous applications. I know that I need to update everything to reflect any new information about me.
However I have been told I have an excellent essay. Is re-applying with an updated version of my essay going to look bad? My numbers are pretty mediocre- my essay is what got me secondary invites/interviews.

Basically I was a terrible interviewee last cycle. I had health, money, and family problems and was unprepared.
I foolishly thought doing a mock interview at the career center of my school would help, but honestly they are really bad about coddling you and trying not to hurt your self esteem. What should I do to better prepare for my interview? I'm from a working class background and have no mentors to help me.

Members don't see this ad.

How were you a bad interviewee last time? That might help with advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
it would appear that the problem is not your app, which was good enough to land you some interviews last year.

So you need to improve your interview skills. there are ways to do that. Start with going through the interview feedback section of SDN, IF you have not done so already.

Call the schools and ask for feedback (not advice) on your rejections.

I know that current re-applicants' AMCAS/secondaries are compared to their previous applications. I know that I need to update everything to reflect any new information about me.
However I have been told I have an excellent essay. Is re-applying with an updated version of my essay going to look bad? My numbers are pretty mediocre- my essay is what got me secondary invites/interviews.

Basically I was a terrible interviewee last cycle. I had health, money, and family problems and was unprepared.
I foolishly thought doing a mock interview at the career center of my school would help, but honestly they are really bad about coddling you and trying not to hurt your self esteem. What should I do to better prepare for my interview? I'm from a working class background and have no mentors to help me.

it would appear that the problem is not your app, which was good enough to land you some interviews last year.

So you need to improve your interview skills. there are ways to do that. Start with going through the interview feedback section of SDN, IF you have not done so already.

Call the schools and ask for feedback (not advice) on your rejections.
Whoa- you can ask for feedback?????? My last interview was in February- do you think it's too late?