Re-applying to PT school after withdrawing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daystar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted in a DPT program and completed a couple of semesters, however I was having academic difficulties while in the program and decided to withdraw before things got even worse. I was struggling with the transitioning from undergrad to graduate work among other personal issues that affected my school work.

I don't want to make this into a novel, so to cut to the chase, I was thinking of reapplying to a DPT program. Thinking about it, it does sound silly to withdraw from a program and to want to reapply into the same program in a different school. But I have thought about my decisions so much that I am reconsidering reapplying or go into OT (occupational therapy). I enjoyed working with patients and would want to further my education in the field.

I was hoping if anyone has withdraw from a program (DPT or any other program) and wanted to reapply or is reapplying and knew that reapplying was the right decision? Any words of wisdom? I might be in the wrong forum probably because most individuals here might not had the chance to have any graduate work, but I'll give it a shot.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I can't offer advice from having been in a similar situation, but I was wondering if you were interested in going back to the same program - it may be easier because the faculty knows you and you know the program. I understand that may be awkward with former classmates and perhaps there was something in the program that you didn't like and hindered you in the first place, but I thought it just may be easier to get back in where you know people.