Re: In-House Exam Review and Lecture Recording

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorOfReason

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow United States medical students!
I am a second year class officer at a US MD-granting school and we have a few ancient policies that I am working hard to try and update for future classes as they pass through their basic science years and prepare optimally for Step 1. I need some specific information from all of you at your schools! With this data I hope to not only help my school, but other schools where students could benefit from changes in these policies as well. In accordance with SDN policy, I won't be asking for any information more personal than the name of your medical school. Please respond with:

1) What is the name of your school?

2) Does your school have some sort of policy for reviewing exams to learn from incorrect answers? Please describe the format it takes place, as well as the rationale behind why/why not does the school have this policy in place.

3) Does your school record/live-stream lectures? As with number 2, please explain how this takes place and the school's rationale for why/why not this takes place.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) Creighton University School of Medicine
2) My school does have a system set up where we can learn from incorrect answers. After every exam we have an exam comment session where students can see the correct answers to test questions and also provide anonymous feedback for their rationale behind their own answer choices. The "Exam Unit Chairs" for the class then meets with the professors who wrote the exam to discuss commonly missed questions. If the rationale for other answer choices is strong then sometimes the question is thrown out from the test. If the question is not thrown out, an email is sent to the entire class explaining what the correct answer was and why. I believe my institution implements this because it wants to create an open and fair learning environment that fosters intellectual growth for their students.
3) My school also offers online recorded lectures through a system called Panopto. You can watch the recorded lecture from a personal laptop, iPad or a school computer using your student ID and password. When you watch the recording, you can speed up/slow down the lecture, pause it and also see the professor use the mouse pointer on the computer screen. Creighton wants to provide a flexible way for students to learn the material. They realize that a classic lecture hall is not for every type of student and that students may have conflicts that arise during scheduled lecture hours.

Reactions: 1 users
You can watch the recorded lecture from a personal laptop, iPad or a school computer using your student ID and password.
1jY6yOa