Re: Sending updated transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elizabeth5863

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Is it common to send updated transcripts to residency programs? My clinical grades were mediocre during my 3rd year but are so so much better during my 4th year. Is it too late to send an updated transcript to my top programs or have the rank lists been pretty much decided by the programs already? Would sending an updated transcript even make a difference?

Thank you in advance for your advice/opinion/help. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Is it common to send updated transcripts to residency programs? My clinical grades were mediocre during my 3rd year but are so so much better during my 4th year. Is it too late to send an updated transcript to my top programs or have the rank lists been pretty much decided by the programs already? Would sending an updated transcript even make a difference?

Thank you in advance for your advice/opinion/help. :)

I think most programs pretty much have a rough outline of their ranks by now, but I know that most of them have a big pow-wow at the end and finalize it.

Again, it's just one part of an overall picture....if you really think you have deficiencies, it probably can't hurt to send one. But if you are an overall strong applicant, having mediocre 3rd year grades shouldn't make that much of a difference.