Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Re-taking DAT. Study material recommendations?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Ranasayys, 06.15.12.

1. Thanks to Crack the DAT

Thanks to DAT Destroyer
  1. Ranasayys

Ranasayys

Pre-Dental

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I'm retaking my DAT at the end of summer.The first time around I used Kaplan as my major study resource (not very helpful) and Crack that PAT

I just purchased the Cliff AP Bio Notes and am considering getting DAT destroyer. I did worst on the Bio section( somehow) so that is what I need to practice most

Any other recommendations?

Thanks
  2. aznnytezx

aznnytezx

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    What is your score for each section? I can tell you where to focus on with the materials.
  3. dental24

dental24

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I used Kaplan last year and did really bad. Im retaking this August and I got the following materials:
    -Chads Vidoes (GC/OC/QR/BIO bio is new one out)
    -Cliffs AP BIO
    -Alans Notes
    -DAT Destroyer
    -Math Destroyer
    -Crack DAT PAT
    -Topscore

I'm using Kaplans notecards and their quick cheat sheet towards the end of my studying to help me prepare more. For bio you need to know more, not get into the details.
    Last edited: 06.17.12
  4. SLYgUy2098

SLYgUy2098

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I used the exact same material that dental24 listed. I highly recommend Cliff's AP Bio for Bio preparation and Chad's Videos for GC and OC. Definitely use Crack DAT PAT to get the PAT section down nicely.
  5. paris2012

paris2012

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'm retaking my dat too this summer did horrible last year. dental24 did you mean kaplans notecards or kapans is some other study source out there that i'm not aware of.
  6. dental24

dental24

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Oops a typo I just edited :laugh:. Yes its Kaplans notecards and cheat sheets (the laminated ones they give you)

Good luck to you!
  7. b0110

b0110

I'm a little surprised so many people didn't find kaplans things that helpful(except for pat, which I totally understand) The kaplan book seemed to be a very good for teaching me the sciences. I felt prepared and that was the only resource I used.
  8. dental24

dental24

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    If you look at their Big Book and lessons they use the same for MCATer's and PCATers
    Im not saying its horrible material. Why would anyone spend about $1000 on Kaplan rather than get all the materials listed above for the same price that are better prep material.....

Many SDNers have urged to use Kaplan with caution. Can't use this as the main source for your studying.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal