Reaching out to Canadians interested in dentistry!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CanadianAbroad

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
--

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Pointless.
You can do the same by going to Irish/Australian dental schools, both which are accredited (Spain dental schools aren't).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a Canadian at a Canadian dental school. Definitely try your best to study at accredited schools

Are there any Canadians out there interested in dentistry and willing to study abroad? Programs in Spain offer a 5 year program that allow students to complete their bachelor degree in dentistry straight out of high school, in the middle of college/ uni or even after uni. Let me know if you are interested!! :)

You realize your degree wont be accredited in Canada, right? you'll have to do the equivalence exam which has three parts and its really tough;only 20% of applicants make it through. How much do dentists make in Spain? how much is the cost?

Yeah I know that it will be different if I would want to practice in Canada! I wouldn't know if I would want to come back until I actually finished degree. I mean, it is 5 years of making new friends, being familiar with the system, etc. Dentists in spain are the highest paid (http://dentistrybusiness.com/dentist-salary-big-mac-index) and dental school is far more cheaper than Canada + your degree would be valid in all EU countries. I feel like this would really benefit those who don't feel obligated to practice in Canada after their degree! :)

You can make new friends, be familiar with the systems and get highly paid by going to Aus, NZ, Ireland as well.
The "cheap degree" part means nothing. We're not buying groceries here. Why in the world would anyone go to unaccredited schools when there are FOUR more accredited nations where Canadians can go to without having a ~20% chance of coming back?
A valid degree in EU means nothing without the EU citizenship + fluency in the country's language + passing that country's dental exams (many countries don't have their licensing exams in English).
So to summarize, Yes if you're a Canadian who's a EU citizen willing to pick up Spanish and practice in Europe exclusively, Go to Spain.
2 things..
1. The forum you're looking for to post your ad is Valuemd.com. Sdn users would never fall for this.
2. You're trying to attract a crowd (Canadian pre-dental students) who will never be gullible/stupid enough to buy this.

You're wasting your time and energy. Hope you have better luck on Valuemd.

Good luck!