Reading help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vash429

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have two weeks until I take the DAT. I have the CRACK DAT software and have not been doing that good in the reading. I am always fighting for time.

I tried using a mix of kaplan method with reading a question or two and then a few paragraphs. Any suggestions I would really appreciate it.
I am a bit of a slow reader especially when I hit certain passages in politics. also English is my third language.

Members don't see this ad.

search and destroy it. the real DAT is not like CRACK DAT Reading. There are only a couple of TONE questions. most of it can be answered by search and destroy. take the Topscore practice tests.. it's more similar in my opinion.

I liked search and destroy, but I would take 30 seconds to scan the article to get a brief introduction on what the different paragraphs are about before you start the questions. For example, if you get a question on cells and the article is about blood, you don't want to start scanning the first paragraph if the paragraph about cells is the second to last.

If you scan it really quick, you can mentally note that towards the end of the article there is a paragraph about cells, and skip to last few paragraphs before you start searching. It saved me a lot of time. There is no need to write down what each paragraph is about, just get a mental summary that "there is a paragraph about cells, one about plasma, one about water, one about ....," and so one so that you don't just start randomly skimming/searching and it will save you some time. Just my thoughts!