Reading research0based passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basophilic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest modifications for things to look out for in following list to become more aware of the experiment being discussed in the passage:
  • Hypothesis: 1) determine the alternative and null hypotheses; 2) correlation or causation being proposed
  • Materials and participants: 1) does assessment test (IQ, personality, etc. tests) have high construct validity; 2) is the sample large, representative, homogenous (for experiments), and possibility of bias
  • Results: 1) independent, dependent, and potential confounding variables; 2) degree of correlation, possibility of causation; 3) internal and external validity
  • Further things if needed: reliability of study, other biases (experimenter, interviewer, emotive, etc.)
Obviously my goal is not to keep everything in mind while reading the passage, but I feel this would help me go back quickly to the right part of the passage if relevant question pops up; also helps in close analyzing research articles and passages. So can you suggest any changes to this?

Members don't see this ad.