Real MCAT vs practice AAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know its been asked alot of times but what I am wondering is how hard the real MCAT is these days compared to practice ones...everyone says its hard but hard in what sense? are questions more passage based or require more knowledge about equations and biological facts? I hope someone understands what i am trying to question. thanks

It all depends who you ask. If you ask someone who took the 2 pm 6/16 or 8 am 7/16 they will say it was comparable to AAMC #11. The only difference really being BS.

IMO it is not the hardest test I have ever taken, however, I was tested on "comfortable" material. It really is luck of the draw with what you are tested on.

ohk so you r saying its more about luck than anything? and the trend being more or less equal to later AAMC's

Well, you definitely need to know everything. But, if you are a chemistry major and have mastered acids and bases then 2 passages on acids and bases will be in your favor. However, if electrochemistry was your weakest point and 2 passages come up on that... well let us just say that is bad luck.

So, know everything and hope your strengths up!

i thought it was very similar to AAMC 11 except that it's the actualy MCAT and that in itself makes it that much harder. and a little bit longer. and the clock feels like its ticking just a little bit faster than real life but its not. but the later AAMCs are really good practice esp. 10 and 11 imo