MD Really don't want another gap year, help me with finalizing school list (3.73/34)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JingleChips

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help all :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You just want maximum chances out of these? Take off schools like GW and Georgetown, they have some of the most amount of applicants per year, your stats may be fine for them, but you are fighting the odds. Next look into OOS seats they offer/people applying and start narrowing down more. For example, Dartmouth may be a fair match for you, but their class size is half of that at other places = less seats = theoretically less chance. Also take into consideration each school's missions and selection reasoning, Brown takes in a lot of their undergrads I believe, so if you didn't go to Brown consider that.

I might remove Georgetown, GWU, UMaryland (likes state residents), etc because they get many applicants and are much more competitive than their accepted scores imply. Loyola and Gtown are Jesuit and you have an advantage if you are as well.

Wake Forest, VT, UMiami are good matches for your scores. (you should have no problem getting an interview at Wake provided you apply early.) I would look at MSAR and scratch off schools on that Maybe List that don't accept a good percentage of OOS students.

Temple
Jefferson
Drexel
Commonwealth
Penn
Penn State
Pitt
Boston Univ
Tufts
NYMC
Albany
Hofstra
Albert Einstine
NYU
Rochester
Dartmouth
Univ of Cincinnati
Loyola
Duke
Emory
U VT
Miami
USC
MCW
SLU
Ohio State
Hofstra
Vanderbilt
Toledo
Wake Forest
Rowan
SUNY Downstate (maybe)
UCF (maybe)
USF (maybe)
Brown (maybe...they favor their own UGs)
Mt Sinai (maybe)