Reapp process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeMoMa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok. Wondering what is necessary to reapply:

like do you need a brand new personal statement?

new letters of rec?

new committee letter?

yes, i know you should make your app better in some way, i'm thinking about taking a grad class... but my stats are pretty solid, i was my app was delayed by my schools committee letter being sent late in september.

Thanks! good luck to all my fellow waitlisters out there... this whole process is supa-fun.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok. Wondering what is necessary to reapply:

1) like do you need a brand new personal statement?

2) new letters of rec?

3) new committee letter?

yes, i know you should make your app better in some way, i'm thinking about taking a grad class... but my stats are pretty solid, i was my app was delayed by my schools committee letter being sent late in september.

1) Get some new opinions on the old Personal Statement. Maybe show it to a pre-med advisor or past English teacher. At least buff it up. Maybe rewite the whole thing unless others are thrilled with it.

2) Probably not. By meeting with the pre-med advisor who can look at them, or making a phone appointment with a dean of a med school that rejected you, you might be able to get a broad opinion of the current letters. What you want to hear is that "your letters are uniformly great". If they aren't, start over.

3) If your letters are great, then the committee letter is probably great too. I don't think you'd need a new one unless you find faculty who speak better of you/more enthusiastically than last year's. Especially if the date on the letter is less than a year old (as it should be if it was sent last September). I've seen others post on this forum that all new letters are necessary, but I disagree with this opinion. Those who have graduated are unlikely to be in a position where getting new, appropriate faculty letters are possible.

Hopefully you've continued or added to your previous extracurriculars, especially those related to the healthcare field.