Reapp Progress thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

About28

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I saw a thread like this from a few years ago where current reapplicants gave their stories so far/ how they improved their applications this time around. Thought it would be good to post something similar to inspire hope and whatnot so here we go:

What happened the first time you applied? What did you change? Has it made a difference?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll start with my little story. My first application cycle was last cycle. My main issues all had to do with the execution of my application; I basically made every mistake you can make while applying. I wasn't verified until almost October and wasn't complete at my schools till October-November. It took me over a month to return many of my secondaries, my school list was short and the list of schools I actually had a chance at was even shorter. To add to that, my essays were just average. I was lucky to receive the single interview that I did and was rejected because the school ran out of spots for me. That's a summary of my major weaknesses from last cycle

This time around is different. While I improved and added to my ECs and raised my GPA, my biggest changes addressed the issues above. My app was well planned with a coherent theme/ story, I applied to 35 schools that I have a decent chance at and returned my secondaries usually within a week but sometimes beyond 2 weeks. I'm receiving complete emails now.

As for how it's worked so far, I've received one interview invite, which I think is a good sign because I was complete for barely 24 hours. Wish me luck!