ReApplicant Hoping for Better Shot!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tianar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there! Alright, so I applied in the 2011 cycle and did not get in. Did get waitlisted at Jefferson, but unfortunately not pulled up.

I graduated in the spring of 2011 and since then have been working as the office manager for a large family practice.

The office management job has given me some major shadowing opportunities/a lot of patient contact. I also now have a way, way better idea of what it takes to be in primary care.

I have also been volunteering for three hours a week at the local children's hospital since summer 2011.

My biggest weakness from the first go-round was probably the low MCAT plus little clinical experience.

I'm going for mostly low-tier MD schools and top-tier DO schools.

Last but not least, the numbers.

I am retaking the MCAT at the end of the month to try and get my score up.

GPA: 3.6
SGPA: 3.4
MCAT: 29
V: 11
PS: 9
BS:9

Members don't see this ad.

Your plans seem perfectly fine. Good luck! I hope you apply to my school too...somewhere west of St Louis.

Hey there! Alright, so I applied in the 2011 cycle and did not get in. Did get waitlisted at Jefferson, but unfortunately not pulled up.

I graduated in the spring of 2011 and since then have been working as the office manager for a large family practice.

The office management job has given me some major shadowing opportunities/a lot of patient contact. I also now have a way, way better idea of what it takes to be in primary care.

I have also been volunteering for three hours a week at the local children's hospital since summer 2011.

My biggest weakness from the first go-round was probably the low MCAT plus little clinical experience.

I'm going for mostly low-tier MD schools and top-tier DO schools.

Last but not least, the numbers.

I am retaking the MCAT at the end of the month to try and get my score up.

GPA: 3.6
SGPA: 3.4
MCAT: 29
V: 11
PS: 9
BS:9