About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

ReApplicant Hoping for Better Shot!

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by Tianar, May 1, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Tianar

Tianar

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hey there! Alright, so I applied in the 2011 cycle and did not get in. Did get waitlisted at Jefferson, but unfortunately not pulled up.

I graduated in the spring of 2011 and since then have been working as the office manager for a large family practice.

The office management job has given me some major shadowing opportunities/a lot of patient contact. I also now have a way, way better idea of what it takes to be in primary care.

I have also been volunteering for three hours a week at the local children's hospital since summer 2011.

My biggest weakness from the first go-round was probably the low MCAT plus little clinical experience.

I'm going for mostly low-tier MD schools and top-tier DO schools.

Last but not least, the numbers.

I am retaking the MCAT at the end of the month to try and get my score up.

GPA: 3.6
    SGPA: 3.4
    MCAT: 29
    V: 11
    PS: 9
    BS:9
  2. Goro

Goro

Non-Student
    Faculty SDN 2+ Year Member
    Your plans seem perfectly fine. Good luck! I hope you apply to my school too...somewhere west of St Louis.