Reapplicant questions and advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goillini21

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am planning on reapplying this cycle, as I am currently waitlisted at one school, and have a few questions.

- Do I need to address why I am reapplying in my personal statement?
- I plan to scribe in the upcoming year -where/how do I address this in my application?
- Do I need to update my letters of rec from 2020/2021 cycle?

If there's any other major advice for reapplicants that you guys have I'd love to hear! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I am planning on reapplying this cycle, as I am currently waitlisted at one school, and have a few questions.

- Do I need to address why I am reapplying in my personal statement?
- I plan to scribe in the upcoming year -where/how do I address this in my application?
- Do I need to update my letters of rec from 2020/2021 cycle?

If there's any other major advice for reapplicants that you guys have I'd love to hear! Thanks!
Schools that you did not apply to this year will not know you're a reapplicant unless they have a secondary question about it. I would not address reapplying in your personal statement.

You can project hours on your AMCAS in the activities section if you already have a scribing position. If you haven't started, I wouldn't list it as the projected hours won't hold much weight anyways.

Update your letters of rec to give yourself the best chance of success. Make sure to rewrite your primary and secondaries.

Reactions: 1 user