Reapplicants who have applied more than 2 times - I need your help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychoLulu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

I dont know if applying more than 3 years is looked down on. There are people here on SDN who report more than 3 application years.

What is looked down on is reapplying before "fixing" the problems on your application. So, IMO, the biggest question isnt whether you will be spending your last application chance... but, have you improved any supposed deficiencies.

Have you discussed your rejections with ADCOM directors? Do you know what is holding you back? If your GPA is hurting you or if they are unsure you can handle the class load - take a year of classes full time. If its your MCAT, study like crazy... etc. Sounds like you've got the "exposure to med" part though.

Good luck.

OP: Have you ever looked at the DO schools? If you have not, and that would be an okay option for you...you may have better luck getting accepted into those schools. DO schools typically look at the "whole applicant" rather than scores. Just a thought.

Members don't see this ad :)
why dont you talk to mr reddly/reddley
i forget the exact spelling.
he is the one that has the calvin and hobbes avatar. look him up on the members list.
i do believe this was his 4th time applying and he has been accepted to a very nice school. that bro is a warrior.

What are you stats? I think that will really affect if you apply again or not. (I know you're waiting for your new mcat, but what's your gpa and your previous MCAT?)

4th year applicant here, Accepted at WVSOM and ECU(waitlisted though, grrrr! ).

Nothing is really different except at the schools you interview at each year they run out of people to interview you and they can't ask you the same dumb questions like "Where do you see yourself in ten years?" because they already know the answers. :)

Heck, I think I know half of the docs at ECU now!

Never give up, I say. I took my MCAT 3 times ( computer science major, had a low bio score cause I took the bare minimum for classes, retaught myself biology in my spare time, got it up)

My suggestion is goto exit interviews to pinpoint your application issues then work on em and do it. :)

-Richie

jlee9531 said:
why dont you talk to mr reddly/reddley
i forget the exact spelling.
he is the one that has the calvin and hobbes avatar. look him up on the members list.
i do believe this was his 4th time applying and he has been accepted to a very nice school. that bro is a warrior.
Forgot the spelling?!? What? It's not like I have a bunch of numbers after my name like some people I know (points to JLee). Just imagine if I was Mr Reddly314159265! Now that would be difficult to remember :laugh:

Mr Reddly said:
Forgot the spelling?!? What? It's not like I have a bunch of numbers after my name like some people I know (points to JLee). Just imagine if I was Mr Reddly314159265! Now that would be difficult to remember :laugh:
Oh JLee will be fine as a physician...you know how doctors squibble on the clinical notes/reports/prescriptions that you can probably only see the first and last letter in each word? So docs don't have to know to spell. JLee will be great at that!