Reapplication questions/general

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yayparty112

Reaction score
Few questions in regards to reapplication--

1) Are there any schools that are known to not even consider reapplication? Like once rejected not worth your time to reapply?

2) Are there any medical schools that offer feedback on your application? I know most ask to have you not reach out but was just curious if anyone had any positive experience asking about how to improve their application etc.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1) Are there any schools that are known to not even consider reapplication? Like once rejected not worth your time to reapply?

2) Are there any medical schools that offer feedback on your application? I know most ask to have you not reach out but was just curious if anyone had any positive experience asking about how to improve their application etc.

Thanks!
I don't represent all medical schools, but most medical schools will consider reapplicants that demonstrate significant improvement from their previous attempt.

Unfortunately most medical schools don't have the bandwidth to give specific information for unsuccessful applicants, but it won't hurt to ask. We all have simple boilerplate advice about improving your GPA, MCAT, experiences, etc., and that plenty of very qualified applicants get rejected every year.

Reactions: 1 users
Some state schools may offer feedback to in-state applicants. This will not apply to you since you are a CA resident according to your WAMC post. There are thousands of Californians who apply every year to the UCs.

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks!
I think the only situation for which #1 would be true is if you apply to an OOS-unfriendly med school (amongst others: ETSU, Washington, etc.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Can confirm from the rejection emails that the UC's do not offer application feedback. I actually asked the schools I applied to and they all said no.

Thanks!
1) I don't know of any med schools that say they always reject reapplicants. However, @AJS59's point about OOS schools is well taken.
2) As others have said it varies, but most schools simply don't have the manpower to give feedback to thousands of applicants. Some will provide it to those who have been waitlisted or perhaps interviewed. Check on the school's website and see what they say. Based on a recent interview I had with Chicago Medical's Associate Dean for Admissions, Dr. Michael Ellison, Chicago Medical may give limited feedback.