Reapply or go DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But I was also rejected by the big five DO. Which is also scary. With the merger happening, could an IMG be successful getting a residency? I know of a school that does not have the 50% fail rate of Caribbean schools.

Members don't see this ad.

But I was also rejected by the big five DO. Which is also scary. With the merger happening, could an IMG be successful getting a residency? I know of a school that does not have the 50% fail rate of Caribbean schools.

Did you get an interview at any of the original 5 DO schools?

DO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Podiatry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McDonalds>Carib. At least if you start at McDonalds you will be making money and not have the 400k of debt you'll have when you are working at McDonalds anyway because you didn't match.

To answer your question, you should reapply. You have solid GPAs and a 520. There is no need to go to a DO school with those numbers unless you don't get in on another MD cycle with a broad app.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you wanna practice in the US, go to a US school. With all of the new DO schools popping up I think it is going to be increasingly difficult for IMG's moving foward

It looks like you had some glaring deficiencies that were addressed in this post. Fix them and reapply MD/DO. If you cannot get into a DO school with those stats and the aforementioned fixes, you likely have the personality of someone who should never interact with patients. I'm going to assume you're probably fine there, so fix those issues, reapply MD/DO, and likely get into an MD program and be happy to have avoided OMM for the rest of your life.

Reading all of your posts and replies, it really seems like you should take that DO acceptance and move on. You are pretty indecisive and if you haven't done all of the things outlined above to improve your application, you might never be a doctor. Good luck whichever you choose.

Reactions: 1 user
My improvements included working as a patient tech(576 hours) scribing (576 hours) and additional research work (384 hours) I’ve also continued my volunteer work and will go back to volunteering without ESL. How substantial are those improvements?