Reapplying early makes a difference?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluebunny876

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Looking at the lack of emails or contact from california Pharmacy schools i think i may have to reapply next year. I was wondering if it would really make a difference if I applied for early for 2015 but had the same scores and grades? I messed up and applied at the last day when the Pharmcas app was due and pretty late for the supplementals as well.

This year im planning on taking macroecon, neurology and biochem II (because OSU asked me to) as well as forsure getting my pharm tech liscence and trying to work full time as a pharm tech.
As for my GPA it would generally be the same, since im not retaking classes.

Should i retake courses? or will the applying early and experience help me? I know my GPA is low for most of the california schools so im weighing the options of retaking courses or getting the tech experience

Cum gpa: 3.3
in a social and prehealth fraternity
over a year of hospital pharmacy experience as a volunteer
two years of undergrad research
three strong letter of recs

thanks. Im desperate for advice..

Members don't see this ad.

Given that you sent in your apps on the last day, you should wait because some school may take awhile to get back to you. Your stats should get you interviews, just be patient.
If you really don't get in, reapply early is a good idea since majority of CA schools are on rolling-admission. Do change up your personal statement, maybe get different LORs. Get some clinical experience or tech experience meanwhile can make you a stronger applicant next cycle.

Hello all,
Looking at the lack of emails or contact from california Pharmacy schools i think i may have to reapply next year. I was wondering if it would really make a difference if I applied for early for 2015 but had the same scores and grades? I messed up and applied at the last day when the Pharmcas app was due and pretty late for the supplementals as well.

This year im planning on taking macroecon, neurology and biochem II (because OSU asked me to) as well as forsure getting my pharm tech liscence and trying to work full time as a pharm tech.
As for my GPA it would generally be the same, since im not retaking classes.

Should i retake courses? or will the applying early and experience help me? I know my GPA is low for most of the california schools so im weighing the options of retaking courses or getting the tech experience

Cum gpa: 3.3
in a social and prehealth fraternity
over a year of hospital pharmacy experience as a volunteer
two years of undergrad research
three strong letter of recs

thanks. Im desperate for advice..

(To a fellow rabbit)

Do exactly what the schools told you to do for your second application. In your situation, reapplying early does give you an advantage, especially if you are reapplying. It shows your dedication to the school.