Reasons why you wanted to be a dentist...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

syeh3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm admist of working on my personal statement (I know I am late but still wanna give a shot) but question is why did you guys want to be a dentist???

Members don't see this ad.

If you can't answer that question yourself, why even apply?

Reactions: 11 users
Because I get aroused by sticking my finger in someone's mouth. "Do what you love" - they say..

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Because you enjoy sticking your fingers in wet moist holes. Seriously got asked that by a patient when I was shadowing, if I enjoyed doing that lol.

Reactions: 1 users
You ever seen the med student girls?
Haha this is freaking hilarious. I wonder if I would get automatic acceptance for saying this at an interview. Lol. Thx for making me giggle free99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
So I'm admist of working on my personal statement (I know I am late but still wanna give a shot) but question is why did you guys want to be a dentist???

toTo bring the thread back on track. This should be something you have a concrete answer to before you decide to drop thousands of dollars on the application.

toTo bring the thread back on track. This should be something you have a concrete answer to before you decide to drop thousands of dollars on the application.
I agree with this. It's way to expensive to just throw yourself into it. Have you shadowed?

Yeah I'm volunteering right now... I think I wanted to be a dentist bc of my prior experience at dental office... I had a underbite and it took years to finally resolve I gone thru eleven years of orthodontics before getting my surgery (oxillo mallofacial)

Yeah I'm volunteering right now... I think I wanted to be a dentist bc of my prior experience at dental office... I had a underbite and it took years to finally resolve I gone thru eleven years of orthodontics before getting my surgery (oxillo mallofacial)
Must be one of those newfangled procedures. (Eleven year huh?)