Receive a B+ from a summer course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denture base maker

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi:
I just finished my summer math class, differential equations. But I only got B+. Due to the application process, I did not have enough time to study. And it was the instructor's first time taught this class, he did not explain the concepts clear. The final was hard, even he admitted that. But he refused to give us a curve, because he thought an average around C was good. My math usually is not bad, I got good QR score on DAT. I do not know would this affect my application or not. Do I need to email the dental school I have applied for and explain it?

Members don't see this ad.

This shouldn't be a problem at all. It is a B+. You're fine.

However, do NOT blame the professor - saying "oh it was his first time teaching" or "oh the final was too hard" will not fly with anyone in academia. It makes you sound like you cannot take blame.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If anything, I think emailing a dental school to explain why you got a B+ would do more harm than good.

Reactions: 1 user
I would definitely just not apply this cycle until you can retake the class. Everyone knows only people with 4.0s and 28+ AA have any shot at getting into dental school.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using SDN mobile