Received A Letter from PCO (SALUS) and I'm confused???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xtermination

OptOHopE2014
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received a letter from PCO stating the following:

Dear X:

You application for admission has recently been reviewed. In an effort to assist you and expedite the processing of your file, we have indicated the items you should provide on the enclosed form.

Although a decision regarding an interview can be made before all credentials are received, it is you responsibility to make certain that the office of admissions has items received.

If you have any questions regarding your file, please contact an admission counselor.

They indicated the score about my OAT, which I know I'd have to repeat.

So, I'm confused about the interview part, are they going to offer me an interview and should I expect an interview letter from them. How do PCO usually let you know that you are getting an interview?

Did anybody else received anything letter like mine?

Any information is really appreciated. Thanks. :confused::confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I just received a letter from PCO stating the following:

Dear X:

You application for admission has recently been reviewed. In an effort to assist you and expedite the processing of your file, we have indicated the items you should provide on the enclosed form.

Although a decision regarding an interview can be made before all credentials are received, it is you responsibility to make certain that the office of admissions has items received.

If you have any questions regarding your file, please contact an admission counselor.

They indicated the score about my OAT, which I know I'd have to repeat.

So, I'm confused about the interview part, are they going to offer me an interview and should I expect an interview letter from them. How do PCO usually let you know that you are getting an interview?

Did anybody else received anything letter like mine?

Any information is really appreciated. Thanks. :confused::confused::confused:

I got this letter a few months ago. It means you haven't been given an interview yet (that comes via email) but could get one soon. It means they need that info to get your complete file to be considered. Send in everything they ask for and hope for the best, I got an email for an interview before they even had all my stuff, albeit this was late august. I'm sure interview season is totally different in late january.

Thank you very much for replying back. I certainly will do that. How did you do in the interview?

Also, what does this mean: please include your observation experience in an addendum to the essay?

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like they are requesting a follow-up essay describing current shadowing experiences.

Thank you very much for replying back. I certainly will do that. How did you do in the interview?

Also, what does this mean: please include your observation experience in an addendum to the essay?

I did well...I got in but later declined my acceptance to attend NOVA. PCO is a great program but I liked the campus atmosphere at NOVA. Good luck!! PM me with specifics if you want.

Hey, I received the same exact letter too, few weeks AFTER I was offered an interview. And to be honest, I was not going to retake the OAT so I was really annoyed. Anyway, during my exit interview they said they liked my score and I got accepted. So I would not loose sleep over this letter if I were you. I think it is more of a suggestion than anything. But if you feel you should retake the OAT, then that is even better. Hope that helps.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your letting me know. I'm really worried about it. I called PCO, and they told me that I should reconsider taking the OAT, and all the others are just some suggestions? Can you please PM and let me know how are your Stats? Really appreciate it. Thanks.

Hey, I received the same exact letter too, few weeks AFTER I was offered an interview. And to be honest, I was not going to retake the OAT so I was really annoyed. Anyway, during my exit interview they said they liked my score and I got accepted. So I would not loose sleep over this letter if I were you. I think it is more of a suggestion than anything. But if you feel you should retake the OAT, then that is even better. Hope that helps.

Xterm: What is your GPA, science GPA, OAT score breakdown, and optometry experiences?

Xterm: What is your GPA, science GPA, OAT score breakdown, and optometry experiences?

GPA:3.27, S GPA : 3.1 OAT:280 :( Lots of shadowing for a group of vision therapist, and some other community services.

GPA:3.27, S GPA : 3.1 OAT:280 :( Lots of shadowing for a group of vision therapist, and some other community services.
Hi Xtermination,

I'm in a similar situation right now. Did you end up getting an interview or any type of reply?

Hi Xtermination,

I'm in a similar situation right now. Did you end up getting an interview or any type of reply?

hello, yes, i had to retake my OAT and got better score in my last try. I'm attending PCO -second semester.

hello, yes, i had to retake my OAT and got better score in my last try. I'm attending PCO -second semester.

can you provide any experience or helpful info for first years for next year? thanks

So far so good. It's a good school. Professors are very approachable and they are there to help you if needed. Clinical skills labs - you will learn more from the TA's (senior students) than the preceptors. Clinical skill lab will be renovated soon. They teach everything that you need to know to prepare for the board exams. Also, they are changing lots of things around to make the OD program even better.

If you don't mind me, did you end up getting an interview or not until you retook the OAT?